Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE t56 ratio and rating???

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
TR6060 isn't an after market box... Well unless you buy a Holden! lol

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I would be thinking more like a Powerglide at that point.

5000gt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6 Ute
powerglide? this isn't a straight line car... when i said track toy, i mean the odd track day at wakefield park. A tr6060 will allow freeway driving, but 6th will never be engaged on the track. The TKO600 i currently have is as strong, if not stronger than the tr6060, but i want a freeway gear also, that's why i'm looking at a 6spd.

Other more expensive options include lenco's and hollingers etc... at the moment, out of my budget plans.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
powerglide? this isn't a straight line car... when i said track toy, i mean the odd track day at wakefield park. A tr6060 will allow freeway driving, but 6th will never be engaged on the track. The TKO600 i currently have is as strong, if not stronger than the tr6060, but i want a freeway gear also, that's why i'm looking at a 6spd.

Other more expensive options include lenco's and hollingers etc... at the moment, out of my budget plans.

It will certainly do the job for street use and the occasional track day - but I wouldn't trust it for constant track use.

That supra will certainly be a ball-tearer!

ozi_musl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
Why don't you use 2jz's 6sp manual, I thought they were the most powerful standard gearboxes. I also might be wrong :D, but there are some supra's doing 9 seconds down the 1/4 with it's original gear boxes.

YouTube - Jessica Barton's Supra 9.66@142 :D

5000gt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6 Ute
the standard getrag v160 is a tuff box that's for sure, but it is rated less than 600ft lb (tko600 and tr6060 both rated at 600).

The 3 litre turbo engine does make power, but would be less torque than an engine with twice the cylinders and nearly twice the displacement.... and torque is what kills boxes.

Anyhow, i'm now considering replacing my tko with a tr6060.

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
give mal wood automotive a ring, they will give you advice on the perfect set-up.