Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Towball

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
Need some info about getting a towball kit for my VE SS V Utility. Has anyone bought a Hayman Reese kit? I've only started investigating possibilities and I've been quoted $420 for the Reese kit and $80 for fitting.

With regards to fitting, is it straightforward to get the towball on? I've done work on cars before but I just need to know if there are any surprises I should know about that anyone else has run into before I buy the kit like compatibility with the wiring harness?

Last question... does anyone have the faintest idea on how to get their hands on a 'right down to the last bolt' service manual for the VE commodore utility? Long shot but I'd love to know :bang:

Thanks all

mrss6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore ss
have you tried holden. for the service manual. u normally get it when u buy the car.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
have you tried holden. for the service manual. u normally get it when u buy the car.

I think he is talking about a workshop manual detailing the ins/outs of a ducks arse.

I don't think anything has been prepared for the VE range as yet. Holden will have one but not for public use I bet... bastards!!!

peterj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 1 Berlina
Personally i'd pay the $80 to get it fitted properly , i reckon it would be a pita to fit.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If your so unsure of your own ability to do the job (safely), in the interest of road safety (for fellow road users) PLEASE pay whatever it costs and have the job done professionally. That way you'll be confident in the knowledge that whatever you are towing shouldn't break free and create mayhem for someone else. As stated, no workshop manual for the VZ let alone the VE.

Bombaman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
Need some info about getting a towball kit for my VE SS V Utility. Has anyone bought a Hayman Reese kit? I've only started investigating possibilities and I've been quoted $420 for the Reese kit and $80 for fitting.

Make sure your kit includes the Wiring Harness as a full wiring harness is needed as the ute doesnt have it there as standard.

I got mine fitted for $595, that was a Hayman Reece Genuine 1.6t, with a Genuine GM Harness. No problems here

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
I'll take the advice on board, thanks everyone. Yeah, I'm confident in my own ability when I'm working on vehicles and machinery, especially when it comes to safety and what not. I'd agree that it'd be prudant to get the guys at the shop to do it though. I cannot be f..ked if I run into a hiccup during installation anyway. Hence why I asked if anyone has done it before to my model VE.

I just realised I have an old high school mate working for Holden... hmmm think I'll buy a slab soon.