Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE towbar - harness diagram

phantom_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I know its been covered before and the harness is "plug and play" but I cat seem to find some plugs - or more so where they go.

can someone label this picture so its a little more clear?

BllQVCQBmkKGrHqEOKkMEtjhuEqNhBLcPK2.jpg

Last edited:

phantom_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
thanks Darren - a new image has been added :)

james_lives_here

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Bit of a bump but im kinda in the same boat.
Just brought a second hand towbar and read enough on these forums to give me a good idea on how to fit but does anyone have a copy of proper instruction they could scan and send me to save me hours looking for something that i should've got in the kit.
Also any idea's on where the plug on the loom is to plug the towing harness into on a wagon as ive looked behind the removable trim panel on the right and cant seem to find it.
Cheers

rpalmowski

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec
towbar harness diagram

has anyone got a ve commodore wiring harness diagram? info on which plug goes where etc

thanks

chamilton122

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 60th Anniversary VE Omega (Duel Fuel)
hey was just after some opinions, i have bought a second hand tow bar and I'm looking to do the wiring for the lights now, holden have informed me that the ECU needs to be reprogrammed in order for it to work with the reverse sensors. where as it seems above a lot of people have just plugged them in and away they went?

a bit of clarity would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

ChoppaReid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series II Supercharged Statesman
hey was just after some opinions, i have bought a second hand tow bar and I'm looking to do the wiring for the lights now, holden have informed me that the ECU needs to be reprogrammed in order for it to work with the reverse sensors. where as it seems above a lot of people have just plugged them in and away they went?

a bit of clarity would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Did anyone get back to you on this?
I just got a sh VE trailer harness and I'm thinking of doing the same.
It's supposed to be "plug and play" but I read in various places ECU might need reprogram..... :(
Possibly not so "plug and play" then ???

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
In the absence of anyone replying with definite info, I would connect it all up and see if your reversing beepers go off when reversing with trailer connected. I'm thinking there was a wire in the loom related to the trailer being plugged in. I did fit a towbar and genuine wiring kit myself about 18 months ago and had the original instructions with the kit, but I sold that car and pulled the towbar off and sold it all seperately so I don't have the info anymore, unfortunately can't remember the exact detail of that wiring, and also my car didn't have reversing sensors so it wasn't something I looked into.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
Did anyone get back to you on this?
I just got a sh VE trailer harness and I'm thinking of doing the same.
It's supposed to be "plug and play" but I read in various places ECU might need reprogram..... :(
Possibly not so "plug and play" then ???
did you get the little black box with the loom?
i put a second hand towbar and loom into my ve ss wagon a couple of weeks ago and just plugged it all in and it seems fine.
The only thing is the reverse sensors come on for about 5-10 seconds the first time you put it into reverse but after that it seems to realise the trailer is hooked up and they dont come on again after that until you unplug it