Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Ute - Exhaust too low

BradyHeath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder
Hey fellas, I've recently bought a 2011 VE SV6 Ute and it has an aftermarket xforce cat back with quad tips.
My car has lowered springs in it (not to low, just right could be lower if anything) but the exhaust is only 85mm off the ground when it needs to be 100mm to be roadworthy/legal.

I'm just wondering if/how this is fixable as I don't want to get defected but am more worried about insurance not being covered if I get into a prang.

Cheers,

DAZVFV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
An exhaust shop should be able to take a look and get it up 25mm if there is room.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
It's really not that low at all, I'd like to go lower if anything.

But that's just it, you cant go lower. It's already too low by 15mm.
An exhaust shop could change the mounts and have the exhaust closer to the chassis, but this can cause its own issues.
Or you can just drive it as it is, keep paying your insurance premium, and hope to your favourite deity that the insurance assessor doesnt notice it in the event something bad happens.

Or you could just raise the bloody thing the 15mm you are required to do and be done with it.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
X force exhausts are known for hanging a bit low. I'm not overly familiar with the VE exhausts but have a look and see if theres room to light the exhaust, the mounts on the exhaust can be repositioned to bring it closer to the car giving you that extra clearance.

BradyHeath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder
Cheers guys I'll go down to my local exhaust shop and see what they can do.

NoW3NRT.jpg

See not that low at all.

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
IMO Raise the car 15mm then put 22inch rims on to give it that visual affect of looking lower than it is....If you dont want to buy bigger rims and tyres just raise it...simples..reow