Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Ute hard lid electronic gremlins

DougoMundo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Lumina
An update, turns out the adjacent fuse was burnt out for the 12v power, that's now ticked off the list.

Still chasing the issue with the ute lid servo. I've gone through and all fuses are now fine to eliminate that issue

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Going back to before, test the integrity of the loom and plugs for the lid lock.

DougoMundo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Lumina
Going back to before, test the integrity of the loom and plugs for the lid lock.

The funny this is that the wiring should be ok, as voltage is being transmitted and motor actuates on one action (lock via remote key) but not the other (unlock via remote key).
This infers to me that it's something further up the line, potentially BCM related?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The funny this is that the wiring should be ok, as voltage is being transmitted and motor actuates on one action (lock via remote key) but not the other (unlock via remote key).
This infers to me that it's something further up the line, potentially BCM related?
That’s a guess though. You can’t solve these problems on guesses.
You will go broke swapping parts.
Data has to be gathered to determine the fault, if no, move to the next thing.

Even where a major module like an ECM or BCM are at fault, rarely is the question asked about the integrity of the circuit that may very well be causing the module to become faulty. Then you have a whole new BCM (or what ever) and it to flogs out because of an unresolved fault in the circuit. Then the BCM or ECM gets the blame for being a known fault on a vehicle model when it’s not it’s fault.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
You will be best served to get the wire signal gadget I posted.

I would also buy a back probe set to attach to a multi meter.

Total cost would be $30-$40 to help solve the problem.

When testing circuits, never ever use a regular multimeter probe into the front of a plug or exposed pins. This practice alone can cause intermittent faults you’ll chase for years because pins in harness plugs have spread causing bad connections.