Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE V6 sump removal

VE_BILBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V 06
Hi, does anyone have any advice on how to remove the sump on the alloytec v6? I have removed all the bolts and crank balancer to get to them but am having trouble cracking the seal.
Engine is still in the car, tried prying at the suggested points in the manual but i'm worried that i'm gonna break something.
Reason for removal is bad top end sound with oil pressure light coming on every now and then. suspect clogged pickup.
Similar to someone else's post it seems to be stuck between bell housing and front engine cover.
Don't really want to dig at the sealant in case i damage the sealing area.
Any ideas would be good.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If you suspect that the pickup might be clogged, did you think to put a couple of doses (not simultaneously) with replacement (new) oil through the engine - perhaps over the weekend. Might be a cheap(er) way of resolving the issue ! Apart from about 13 litres of oil (for flushing it doesn't have to be expensive - so long as it complies with Holden's Specifications/recommendations).and 2 x bottles of engine flush the cost is not prohibitive. Good luck.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
I don't think you can remove the sump as the A frame be in the way , why not just remove the oil filter area that will tell a story if its clogged or not.

it may be a faulty switch or loose wire .