Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE / VF Front / Rear Bar

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Will a front or rear VF bar bolt onto a VE?

Thanks.
Two answers.
1. No

2a. Yes but you’ll need to change the rear quarter panels. Then get an VF boot lid and lights. Respray the back of the car.

*Wait. It’s a ute so should be ok.

2b. For the front yes it will fit. However you’ll need to swap the guards, lights and bonnet as well as wiper shroud. To fit the bonnet will require removing the spot welds from the VE hinge and spot welding in the VF hinge. Respray the front of the car.

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
Just to clarify for the rear bar, a sedan will require VF quarter panels, and it will bolt on directly to a ute?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just to clarify for the rear bar, a sedan will require VF quarter panels, and it will bolt on directly to a ute?
A sedan rear bar will in no way, shape, or form fit a ute.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
A VF sedan bar will fit a VE sedan if half the cars rear metal is removed and replaced with VF metal. I would hate to think of the cost involved but if money was no object, then it’s doable.

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
A VF sedan bar will fit a VE sedan if half the cars rear metal is removed and replaced with VF metal. I would hate to think of the cost involved but if money was no object, then it’s doable.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, not exactly what I was asking so I'll rephrase.

Correct me if I'm wrong:
On a sedan, a VF sedan rear bar will fit a VE sedan if the quarter panels are replaced.

On a ute, a VF ute rear bar will fit a VE ute with no modifications.

Are these statements true? Thanks.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am not 100% on the VF it’s but there are no major differences in design on the back of them.

On the sedan, major structural work is required to make them fit.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
That's what I was thinking too. They appear to be the same, but has anyone tried this?
I haven't tried it, but the VF ute rear bar, tail lights and tail gate appear exactly the same.

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
I currently have a custom made rear bar. I do like it, but when I put the tailgate down, they touch each other and cause scratches on both parts. I've never had the original VE bar but honestly, I've never liked it, so I've been content. But after years, the scratches are getting very bad to where I've been thinking about doing something about it. I really like the VF design.

My problem is where I live and how costly it is to get parts. I can't imagine how much it would be to post a rear bar, probably double the cost of the bar itself, or even if it's possible via air. And I also can't imagine if I buy one and somehow get it here, only to find out it won't fit? Are you kidding me? Oh, and reselling is out of the question. Do you know how many utes are in the states? Right...