Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE / VF Front / Rear Bar

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
I looked at most of the links after a search and no luck finding a VE ute. So I searched ebay and thought I found one, but no mention of a ute, so I messaged him and asked if it included the ute. His reply was,

No i dont sorry. I dont there is one available anywhere. Thanks​

I think I'm just going to start unbolting stuff.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I looked at most of the links after a search and no luck finding a VE ute. So I searched ebay and thought I found one, but no mention of a ute, so I messaged him and asked if it included the ute. His reply was,

No i dont sorry. I dont there is one available anywhere. Thanks​

I think I'm just going to start unbolting stuff.
Huh? Are you looking at ebay.com, or ebay.com.au? The rear bar cover should still be available from Holden spares. Shipping will be tricky though.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I might pull my rear bar off to take measurements to compare to the VF bar. I can't find any videos though. Has anyone done this on a ute? It would be nice to know ahead of time where the hardware is located and if I need to remove the tailgate, taillights, etc....
It basically clips to the body at the sides and beneath the tailgate, shouldn't have to remove the tailgate. Removing the taillights might reveal a couple of screws. Scrivets run underneath the bumper rear edge and there might be a couple through a vertical metal panel aft of the spare wheel well. Screws and scrivets through the rear wheel well liners aft rear corners. Disconnect the parking sensors harness if fitted.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I will find it in the manual. I have the ute one. Give me a couple of hours though.

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
Here is a link to VE ute:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AsaTX7Z7056lseFwr2vroSdQe5wvsBH7

Open the document with your pdf reader.
VE ute/Body repair/bumpers and facias/repair instructions/rear bumper facia replacement ute (except HSV)
I did per your instructions, but the top header says, "Holden VE Commodore Sedan & Wagon".

Regardless, I opened Body Repair and scrolled down to see two selections: "Rear Bumper Fascia Replacement (SWB)" and "Rear Bumper Fascia Replacement (Sportwagon)". No "ute" shown anywhere. I don't think this is the ute manual. BTW, what is SWB?

I really do appreciate your time to do this...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I did per your instructions, but the top header says, "Holden VE Commodore Sedan & Wagon".

Regardless, I opened Body Repair and scrolled down to see two selections: "Rear Bumper Fascia Replacement (SWB)" and "Rear Bumper Fascia Replacement (Sportwagon)". No "ute" shown anywhere. I don't think this is the ute manual. BTW, what is SWB?
SWB, short wheelbase, sedan and Sportwagon.
LWB, long wheelbase, ute and Caprice (96mm longer).

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
I can only assume that someone has tried / done this. I have not found anyone, however, I have a few assurances that nothing on the backside changed from the VE to the VF ute. So, I am going to take a gamble and try myself. Huge risk because of the shipping cost to the U.S. And reselling if things don't work out is basically impossible.

I stopped by a custom fab shop last week. They've done work for me in the past and their work is impeccable. They can fabricate a GTSR insert instead of the pair of factory VF exhaust inserts. All I have are pictures, but they said they can get very close. This includes the exhaust tips. I have lots of time to decide, but thinking I might go this route. If I'm going this far, I might as well go all the way.