Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE VF ZF Diff Specs

blownrat350

Reaction score
Members Ride
SC VE
Mine has a solid spacer.
Yer sweet. They'd def be the bullet proof option. Did you do the dirty work yourself or have it done? It was partly the fact it was another added variable to nut out to. Not impossible to do, but it was easy to buy the kit and have it somewhat PnP. Still, it was interesting the new gear set sat .047" lower, and I went from no pinion shims on the factory setup, to a .065" shim that lifted up to that spec.
I had of just thrown the new one in with no shims it was .112" or about 2.6 mm different from the stock pinion height..... The lack of specs and parts online, compared with every other diff ever used is challenging too.
Street and strip sold me incorrect carrier shims also, so its off to find a shop thatll spin one up for me today.
Did you change the gears, and center? I got motive gears and RTS (I think) truetrak center.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had mine built. I used Motive 3.9s and had them polished. I also had a Kaaz fitted.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
sorry just saw this.... Yer Nice the Kaaz seems to be the premium choice, you happy with it?
Yeah it's fine. I haven't really needed it yet but nice to have.