Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE vs VF

Which to go with

• Lower mileage VE SV6 manual

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Higher mileage VF manual

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Hey people. Been a while. How you all doing? I have a question that i need some help with.

I am looking to upgrade from my 2002 VY and have been browsing the ads. My question is this: whats better to go with? Lower mileage older (2008-2011) VE sv6 or higher mileage newer (2013) VF? Have both options within my price range ($10-12k). Im talking 130k km VE’s vs a 271k km VF. Granted the VF kms are mostly highway driving for work from mandurah to perth and back from what theyve said in the ad. So im torn and need advice from people who have been there before. The other sticking point on the vf is the fact its still under finance but thats a complete different problem. Let me know what you think.

Cherrs peeps.
Aussie

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Lower kms for me.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Personally I'd always go with the newer car in situations like this, and a VF is a nicer car than VE in most areas, but 271k is getting pretty high. I certainly consider the lower mileage SII VEs in your case.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
VF is a much nicer place to be than a VE, but as someone else said, those Kms can't be ignored. Unless there is something else which makes the VF exceptional, go the one with half the kms.

Or perhaps wait until a better VF comes along. It's not as though they are thin on the ground, and with the early ones getting on a bit in years, more and more people will be offloading them, particularly now with Holden closing and the subsequent uncertainty around parts availability moving forward.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Depends, they can be low KMs, but how well was it maintained, how hard was it driven?

Case in point, those 200kish km could be from a guy who meticulously maintained his vehicle, and the lower km vehicle could be from someone who doesn't really give two schlitts 'bout maintenance.
I find the VF interior is nicer, particularly the seats. Infotainment's also nice, but you can always fix that in a VE with the plethora of aftermarket options these days, ranging from Android head units to dash conversion kits.

The VF being under finance could also spell problems for you, especially if the car's being sold for less than the amount of finance owing on it. Ask those questions too.

I'd say go the VE. The VF looks a bit risky to me, especially with that whole finance thing.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
After seeing the rust in the firewall on our VE and learning of many more, I say VF.

Edit: the pedal plate in the VF is high density plastic and the firewall is aluminum. The VE is steel firewall and the crapest mild steel pedal plate.
Wasn’t fun to fix.

Last edited: