Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve walkinshaw scoop

ChrisL98

NON DONATING MEMBER
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Actually, 50kg can impact noticably on fuel consumption in day to day driving

Noticably? I took my 17yo daughter to my work this week for her work experience. Given that she's probably only about that weight, there was no 'noticable' difference in my economy which leads me to believe you're either a scientist or have an incredible assortment of fuel guages to be able to 'notice' an extra 50kg of weight in your fuel consumption. I'm not saying that extra weight doesn't contribute to an increase in fuel consumption, just your statement of it being noticable on day to day driving is exagerated at best. I'm happy to be proven wrong though with some accurate, factual & consistent data :)

The scoop would be lucky to weigh 5kg.

You're right on both points, on the 50kg I was merely exagerating my point & they do look awesome.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Noticably? I took my 17yo daughter to my work this week for her work experience. Given that she's probably only about that weight, there was no 'noticable' difference in my economy which leads me to believe you're either a scientist or have an incredible assortment of fuel guages to be able to 'notice' an extra 50kg of weight in your fuel consumption. I'm not saying that extra weight doesn't contribute to an increase in fuel consumption, just your statement of it being noticable on day to day driving is exagerated at best. I'm happy to be proven wrong though with some accurate, factual & consistent data :)

You're right on both points, on the 50kg I was merely exagerating my point & they do look awesome.

Keep in mind, I said noticable. Not significant or excessive. It is widely regarded that an extra 100lbs (less than 50kg) can make up to a 2% difference in your fuel economy. So say I drive 1600km/month, that works out to be up to an extra 32km/month by shedding 50kg. Or 384km per year. I would class that as noticable. Not excessive or even substantial. But noticable.

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
If your that worried about fuel consumption dont have a V8

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Mate I personally don't give a **** about fuel economy. If I did, I'd drive a diesel. My point was that people who wanted to save a few kilos weren't ########s for doing so. Nothing more.

Apologies to the OP for the thread hijack and the apparently useless info.
Enjoy.

blown vess

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
I'm not big on throwing things on a car that don't actually do anything. Look a bit naff to me, mate. Takes away from the nice clean lines from a profile view in particular.
not a big fan either but mine actually works to get some heat out
Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
I work at the burswood in parking (so get to drive many great cars).
Ive seen a few come through and behind the front lip there are 2 air outlets,
Would they not help to disperse heat ??

ps...ide love to get a set of those rims on the ve walkinshaw but as stated they would break the budget big time .

lololo...sorry you posted the pics above the same time i posted up
ps....looks sweet

Adameksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010
wheres the cheapest place to get one ? ebay ?

cheers