Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Whining after Install

on_d_tox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS spac S2
Dare say your system isn't set up well then. Because even a 500microfarad capacitor can be used to clean the power signal in any car. Method used mainly on higher end installs in luxury cars with more computer systems in them.

There is very specific ways to run a Cap as well, You don't just slap it in an pray for the best. And a 2farad cap says fk all on "Quality"

Cheers

Mat

my system has been built over a few years the amp kits are AERPRO so is my cap and that wasnt cheap i tells ya lol neither was the rest of the system its all been professionally installed by a now EX good mate that had his own business we couldnt for the life of us figure out where the whine was comin from replaced both rca's and the whine dulled down abit (no where near as bad as it was) put the cap in not too long ago still dulled it down a notch but its still there next thing im thinkin is change my alternator maybe wat you think?

Thegreatwombatski

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve series II sv6 voodoo
I have a full system in my series 2 sv6 that I did myself that has no whining at all...
Audio Line lc6i loc that is wedged under the ac duct behind the iq system, power coming from behind the glovebox, earth to the cig lighter ground, rcas down the center consol (d/s) and under back seat, remote turn on down the kick pannels (p/s), speaker cables down kick pannels (d/s) to a pioneer gm-d9500f 800w amp on the ski hatch... Earth to seat bolt (d/s), power up the boot lining and ran under parcel shelf to distribution block next to battery, speaker level inputs from pioneer amp to a us audio usa300z 800w mono block (amp was retaining power and causing loc and pioneer to stay on with rca connection), earth to seat bolt (p/s), power ran the same to dist block, remote daisy chained from pioneer amp, us audio 12" sub in ported box 800w max (not sure on rms), alpine spr-60c front with the crossovers mounted inside the stock speaker pods and tweeters in stock positions, alpine spr-60 rear.
Lc6i gains set to stock position and pioneer gains set to normal, fu[|{!ng kranks and crystal clear!!

Hope this helps bud#

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
That's twice I've seen you call your Audio Control LC6i an Audioline product... Had to correct you this time so people can find it easier :)

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I got rid of my whine by a simple line filter.... but now i have a sound fluctuation with acceleration

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
I don't normally suggest capacitors, but try putting a big arse cap on your 12V line.

It sounds as though the change in voltage (as the alternator spins up) is affecting the sound, causing it to fluctuate. Capacitors resist a change in voltage and should therefore fix this issue.

Like a Boss

[PZVNGI]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Series II
make sure the power cable and rca + remote wires are running on opposite sides of the cab.