Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE2 SV6 or SS dilemma

What do to?

• Get the VE2 SV6

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Get the VE2 SS

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Don't bother with either, pray for a lotto win and go VF

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I wouldn't give up anything for my V8. In my opinion I think it is worth it, just makes it sweeter to earn it.

But then again, not sure if I'd want to do the things I did again to be able to afford my ute lol.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
But then again, not sure if I'd want to do the things I did again to be able to afford my ute lol.

Are we talking gay for pay?

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo

numeric

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th anniversary
imo the only reason to go for the v6 is rego and insurance. i got a v6 as i didnt wont to pay 4 cyl rego, moto rego, v8 rego if its your only car and rego isnt an issue than there is no point in thinking about the v6

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
If your heart's set on getting an SV6 then pm me as mine's up for sale.

riSScky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003 & VE SII SS MY12
I own a vy & ve series II SS auto with AFM. Admittingly the vy isn't a sv6 but the ve SS is awesome in comparison. Sure it uses more fuel but it can be quite reasonable when the AFM kicks in with normal city driving. But as been stated it's a no brainer!

RedPlater

Reaction score
Members Ride
97' VT Acclaim 3.8L
You mean wrote off...... as in the Insurance Company wrote it off as a loss.

Unless you mean you rode your car off into the horizon!

*wrote off
Sleep deprived when I wrote it. Weep for the future, I'm studying to become a high school English teacher

imo the only reason to go for the v6 is rego and insurance. i got a v6 as i didnt wont to pay 4 cyl rego, moto rego, v8 rego if its your only car and rego isnt an issue than there is no point in thinking about the v6
By that you mean what exactly?

numeric

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th anniversary
by that i mean if you get a v6 you will regret it i think the v8 is better in many ways. Unless you are like me and have 3 vehicles to rego and insure and don't wont a $4000 a year bill

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
My vx was starting to crap itself and I needed a new car, I had 6 months left on my p's so I fixed the vx up enough to get me in my opens then went and bought a ve ss thunder ute, couldn't be more happier with it, since owning a v8 I can't see myself owning a v6 again, v8 is great, looks great, heaps of power compared to my vx v6 and is great at crusing, fuel got down to 9l/100ks while I went down to the central coast, recommend a v8 for sure

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
All this talk of P Plate driver restrictions whilst I agree with the reasoning for their implementation as a way of saving the lives of young inexperienced drivers...... I cant help to think back to my first car on P's ..a HK Monaro with 383 chev and the ever faithful Muncie (rock crusher) and funny enough im still alive.....was it the times I was raised in or a more stable social group and attitude...we certainly had less driver education than now and yet more younglings are being killed on our roads.......sorry if I got off topic im old and senile lol