Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

very low fuel, fuel gauge error contact dealer ????!!!

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
It is only detectable when faulting, but tell them what is happening. I guarantee that if you call a bunch of auto elects and tell them u have the fuel guage error, they will say its the ecu or bcm. But you had the scan on there saying the ecu can't be found so easy as

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
hey guys, i booked in my vz commodore on friday and holden quoted me $866 for a new ECU and installation to work with my BCM.. So hopefully that issue is sorted and done.. I would also like to mention to everyone that the new holden on victoria ave in castle hill is extremely friendly and great with service and everyone should give them a chance as they are nothing like the other rip off dealers

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
That's a good price, better than what I got, and that was at trade prices. Good luck with it and let us know how it pans out. Also ask them just to double check it is the ecu as well, you don't want to fork money out on a car that's un repaired

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
haha will do, ill explain everything, itll b good if it doesnt start while theyve got the car.
thanks for your help mate

Promotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore International Dual Fuel LPG / UL
No buy a new one then you know that area is sweet so if the problem come up again you will know that the ECU is a good one, if the problem persists and you put in a second hand one you will never know if its faulty as well, even though scanning brings up the ecu that doesnt necesarily mean that is the fault, something like a dead earth feed could also cause the ecu to test as faulty, however ECU would be the logical thing to start with.

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
hey everyone, have had my 05 VZ executive for 7 years now and have never had any main problems, just a water pump change.. i had the alternator changed about 5 months ago to the police pack model so i have more power for my sound system, now whenever i pump my sound system for about 10 minutes and turn the car off, the car doesnt turn back on. when i switch it to ON, it comes up on the screen, VERY LOW FUEL, SERVICE VEHICLE SOON, FUEL GAUGE ERROR CONTACT DEALER and it wont crank :(
I have to disconnect the battery each time, wait 10 minutes, plug it back in and then it will start, but it will come up POWER TRAIN ERROR...

SOMEONE HELP :(( PLEASE!!!!
first off having a higher amp alternator isnt really fixing your issue regarding your sound system, it will only top up your battery at a higher charge rate once your car is running, the police cars also run a bigger battery reserve capicaty, im not sure on the battery you have is it a high cranking cca type?? if it is,, its not want you really need you need a reserve battery like the guys use in their 4 wheel drives to run their accessories, also capacitor as stated,useing a redarc switch will charge your battery up.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
The battery only serves the purpose of starting the car. Nothing else.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The battery serves much more than that in your modern electronic ignition engine my friend.

As it dies the car will start throwing all sorts of faults.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Not really, you can remove a battery from a car while it is started and drive it quite ok. It supplies charge to the starter, and from there the alternator runs the electrics. It may also help stabalise the dc current as the alternator creates ac current, but gets converted to dc. Apart from that, the function of the battery is to start the car. Police need a larger alternator to run the billion other gadgets in the car. As far as I'm aware.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
the battery is a warehouse for electricity, the alternator runs electrics. The starter motor draws an initial hit to start the car, then and only then the battery is drawn from, unless you run aftermarket stereo gear, lights etc which are connected directly to the battery.