Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 1 Recall??

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Hope they use plastic coated stainless steel cables ties

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Holden has been suspended this for the moment spoke to Service Manager Scott Walker at Heartland Holden Blacktown NSW Holden is going to manufacture a Special Cable Tie. He mentioned letters will be sent out in due course.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hope they use plastic coated stainless steel cables ties

I'd rather that they use a piece of wire than a plastic cable tie that'll last all of what 3 years? Just out of warranty, fark it I think I'll do it myself.

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
You know, it's all a matter of trust, convenience and seeking your rights to a fix that will work, if Holden know about it and fix it properly.

I am planning on doing a Brizvegas to Melbourne trip, then a Brizvegas to Townsville trip over the next 2.5 months. Total approx. 9-11 thousands Kms with side trips. I could end up in Ceduna! I love to drive around this great country! In a Storm - fantastic!

I certainly don't want the wiring being wound around the driveshaft!

Hell, where do you get such wiring spare parts in OZ? And, the expertise to align the computer with the real world?

Do I need factory accommodation for how many days/weeks, and then the updates to the system. MyLink, HVAC etc. etc.

Goodness gracious me!

redrat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Thanks for the heads up.
I pick up my first ever Holden acquisition this Friday and the (not Holden) Dealer said that the local Holden workshop would have a look just in case beforehand.
Like stated before, who wants to drive around and especially in a new acquisition with the thought of something potentially tangling up the driveshaft.

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
Thanks for the heads up.
I pick up my first ever Holden acquisition this Friday and the (not Holden) Dealer said that the local Holden workshop would have a look just in case beforehand.
Like stated before, who wants to drive around and especially in a new acquisition with the thought of something potentially tangling up the driveshaft.

Hi redrat you shouldn't have any dramas I just had mine done at service time. They did put a strap on it but service manager said not one that they have done has been close to tangling around diff cheers mate

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Guys with VF2 models. I'd suggest you stick your head under your car and inspect the wiring loom around the diff.
I've started to notice a couple of VF2s with the wiring loom issue. Currently Holden has not flagged VF2 for the campaign, but I've seen cars with as little as 1400kms have the tape start to peel.