Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 1 Recall??

AnotherSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline Sportwagon
Had my July 14 redline wagon serviced last week, I had not received any recall but the invoice does mention the wiring loom recall was carried out.

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
I received a call from the selling dealer in Brisbane yesterday, informing me service is due and there is a recall on my car. (Built 8/15 and V8) I thought it was a go at getting my car in their shed for the 5 year free servicing, I told them I am servicing the car independently as dealers do a shoddy job and use **** oils etc.

The recall is for rear wiring can get wrapped around tail shaft so they reckon.
I contacted https://www.productsafety.gov.au/ they responded with no idea what I was talking about? So I rang another dealer they knew about the recall which was released yesterday apparently. Just letting others know either call your local dealer or wait for written verification for Holden, cheers.

I received via post the customer satisfaction call notice.
I was also informed that a ecm update was to also be undertaken during the axle harness fix.
The ECM software update i was told is a fix for manual transmission vehicles.

I advised them my vehicle was remapped thankfully thru walkinshaw. They told me the software update would wipe this tune ! Be warned this notice about the remap is not written on the customer satisfaction/ recall notice !!! Lucky my dealer mentioned it to me.... I told them not to do the ecm update which they agreed due to the factory warranty covered walkinshaw upgrade.

You will lose your retune so be careful.
I just registered on this site to let yis know.. great site and threads btw.
Cheers all

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
I was also informed that a ecm update was to also be undertaken during the axle harness fix.

I advised them my vehicle was remapped thankfully thru walkinshaw. They told me the software update would wipe this tune ! Be warned this notice about the remap is not written on the customer satisfaction/ recall notice !!! Lucky my dealer mentioned it to me.... I told them not to do the ecm update which they agreed due to the factory warranty covered walkinshaw upgrade.

Cheers all

Cheers all
Thanks for the heads up, I'm booked in tomorrow for a failed pwr steer rack.
I'll let them know not to do any ecm updates.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Cheers all
It's always best to mention it to your dealer just in case, although if you have a good dealer they'll figure it out for themselves. PM me your VIN and I can request Holden deflag the campaign otherwise it will stay open on the system and may inadvertently get done if you go to another dealer :)

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Thanks for the heads up, I'm booked in tomorrow for a failed pwr steer rack.

VF S1??? how many kms?

reason I ask is... I have had 2 of the company VFs (in NSW) have the pwr steering fail
both less than 3 yo and under 60000

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
VF S1??? how many kms?

reason I ask is... I have had 2 of the company VFs (in NSW) have the pwr steering fail
both less than 3 yo and under 60000
Hi smitty, VF S1 MY14 with 58000km on it.

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart

Cheers all

I received this recall notice as well regarding the axle harness fix.

Contacted my local Holden service centre and inquired if any additional works would be required and was told ECM would NOT touched and no ECM updates for manual car or Mylink/Sat Nav updates.

Honestly - what a bunch of Muppets.

You have scared now me Re losing tune as my car used to have a Walkinshaw W310 tune prior to me getting CAM / Heads & custom tune.

But car feels exactly the same and I am failry confident it wouldn;t drive right if it went back to factory tune.