Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 2 exhaust

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
They used the existing standard bimodal mechanism and cut and welded them onto the Walky mufflers. Software remained unchanged and functions exactly the same as standard. Wouldn't know the job was done unless you looked under the car (except it has the Walky tip on it).

Ok cheers. I was assuming yours was a VF1 but now see it's a VF2. I am looking at getting some bi-modal mufflers for mine and am interested in how they can be connected. I don't want some butcher cutting, shutting and drilling etc to connect the vacuum hose. Do you know if the bimodal actuator on yours is a solenoid or a vacuum?

Has anyone else on here had bi-modals fitted to a VF1? It would be great if someone could post up a few pic's and commentary on what to do and how it was done?

Pir4te would know!:hmmm:

Cheers,

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Sorry couldn't tell you about the mechanics of operation. Think you can just fit varex mufflers though.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Bimodal on the series 2 VF and MY15 HSV's on are all running an Electronic Bimodal.
Idk how you'd go about fitting this to a S1 though. Easiest option would be a vacuum operated bimodal, or varex (as much as I hate xforce)

308hjute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Do the Varex ones function similarly to the standard ones? By that I mean can you control them via MyLink?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Do the Varex ones function similarly to the standard ones? By that I mean can you control them via MyLink?
No, varex is operated via a remote that comes with the mufflers.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I know Pir4te had HSV vacuum operated bi-modals on his SSV. I just have no idea how he hooked up the vaccum hose? I might have to pilfer a wrecked HSV?

rossymond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS SPORTWAGON - ORDERED!
Series 1 has L77

Is this the same as I would of had in my VE SSV?

Excuse my ignorance. My knowledge relating to all the different models and specs available in the LS based engines is very minimal.

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
Afaik, no LS engine was ever used in a VE commodore, it was HSV models only.
L series engines were used SS Commodores.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 319