Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 6.2L - calling oil & engine gurus!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
cheers mate. Ron's new engine is noisey to def rather a build + keep it numbers matching ay. will keep the thread alive!
My new engine is miles away from the original. I can only notice lightest tapping on super cold winter mornings for a minute. Old motor basically sounded like diesel on every cold start and itvwould take 10-15 min to go away...

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I can see many of these engines needing replacement in the future. I'll have to keep an eye out for ones needing a rebuild in 5 years time.
Buy them cheap and rebuild my self under my ABN then sell them for inflated prices.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport
cheers mate... rather a build + keep it numbers matching ay. will keep the thread alive!
I'd also want original factory delivered numbers, cause OCD :p But reality is it'll make bugger all difference unless your looking 30+ years down the track, once all the other VF's have disintegrated, and even then matching numbers will make bugger all difference.

Overall vehicle condition will make a much much greater difference than matching numbers but the million dollar question is will the plastics last or have they been made to crumble at midnight :eek:

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
My new engine is miles away from the original. I can only notice lightest tapping on super cold winter mornings for a minute. Old motor basically sounded like diesel on every cold start and itvwould take 10-15 min to go away...
mate mine is well over a minute now on a warm morning. got a price of 6k to do a full build on a long motor. waiting for quote on r and r tomorrow

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
mate mine is well over a minute now on a warm morning. got a price of 6k to do a full build on a long motor. waiting for quote on r and r tomorrow
You can buy a new crate engine these days for around 10k. The only issue being that you never know how the tolerances in the new engine are.

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.0 SSVR A6 W457, VF2 6.2 SSVR M6
Do a full rebuild if it’s required then you keep the unique numbers matching car

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport
Do a full rebuild if it’s required then you keep the unique numbers matching car
or get a creat engine and store the old mill so it can be rebuilt at your leisure ;)

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
Righto lads - It's official. Summons will be served to Holden Aust within the next few days. Will advise as updates occur. Might need to start a thread to hear from others who have successfully claimed for same problem as magistrates love hard evidence, not anecdotal stuff off the internet.