Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF bi modal valve on after market mufflers.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Has any one welded in electric VF bi modal valves to after market twin exit mufflers,wondering if has made much of a difference to the sound,ie quieter,deeper,no difference or waste of time.

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
The Holden bimodal mufflers and designed differently internally. Basically one outlet is a straight through design and the other outlet goes through the baffles. When the valve is open, the exhaust come out the straight through tip. When it is closed it goes through the baffles and out the other tip. After market mufflers are not designed to be bimodal and will not work in the same way.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
I understand the workings of it I was wondering if any one had done,saw cut off mufflers at Liverpool exhaust and they said it makes a difference,I’d like to find out from the real world does it work.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I understand the workings of it I was wondering if any one had done,saw cut off mufflers at Liverpool exhaust and they said it makes a difference,I’d like to find out from the real world does it work.
I had Bimodal valves fitted to my DPE mufflers on my Maloo, makes a big difference in noise.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
I think there was a chap on here who did it to some Hurricane mufflers, and it was still a bit on the loud side

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mine are a tad noisy early in the morn (I like it neighbours hmm) so that is why I was enquiring as if it’s worth the effort n cost.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
check out autofashion in melbourne, they have a video on youtube with fitment of bimodal valves to aftermarket mufflers cheers mate

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
check out autofashion in melbourne, they have a video on youtube with fitment of bimodal valves to aftermarket mufflers cheers mate
+1 for c & a Autofahion, had them put the bi modals on my 3 inch difilippo system, definitely quieter with them closed, i close mine for early mornings and really makes a difference. Once you open it thou.. so much better then the stock tinny system

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good answers I was looking for,looks like I shall contact autofashion for their valves seeing the mufflers DO go quiet after valve fitting,evidentially you have to use your motors to make them work.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Good answers I was looking for,looks like I shall contact autofashion for their valves seeing the mufflers DO go quiet after valve fitting,evidentially you have to use your motors to make them work.

this is what they do and the package i had done