Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF brakes V6 vs V8 vs Brembo and so on.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
I have a Calais V v6 S1

I was looking at sharpening the brakes up.
I prefer not to loose the 19" wheels.

I don't want slotted and better pads. I want to go up in size.

What options are their?
Are the V8 calipers and rotors larger 320mm vs 300 on my V6. I did this back on my VE and it was great upgrade for what im doing.

and is it defiantly not possible to fit the Redline Brembos without changing the wheels.

Have you tried? I have not seen some one try most just say they don't.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
You're looking to tow a 1500kg boat from what I gather in your other post.
I'd recommend the heavy duty tow package as boat exceeds the current tow package weight you've got.

I'd also recommending getting the biggest brake package you can afford as I can attest that brake fade when towing is scary $hit.

You can piece together the 4 piston brembo upgrades from USA fairly cheaply, and there's a thread going where a member is currently doing just that.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
You're looking to tow a 1500kg boat from what I gather in your other post.
I'd recommend the heavy duty tow package as boat exceeds the current tow package weight you've got.

I'd also recommending getting the biggest brake package you can afford as I can attest that brake fade when towing is scary $hit.

You can piece together the 4 piston brembo upgrades from USA fairly cheaply, and there's a thread going where a member is currently doing just that.
YEs correct. Im looking at the 2100Kg bar and upgrading the brakes.
my question is relating what options I have(I don't want slotted rotors and pads) looking for more substantial effect.
So going up in size.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
If you are sticking with the stock wheels I'd think your options are limited.

Monoblock Harrop calipers will fit but run like $5k for a setup.

There's a single piston big brake upgrade previously from the Caprice PPV that is an available option. Taken from another post:

It's a 60mm single piston front caliper, 345x30mm ventilated front disc, low metallic pads plus upgraded master cylinder. (Std fitment on V8's is Twin 42mm piston caliper, 321x30mm ventilated disc and non asbestos organic pads).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
Do you think it's worth going to the standard V8 rakes for the sake of 20mm larger rotors all round.
Or hold out and get Brembo at the front?