Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Calais V S1 Trouble shoot mirror (wiring diagram pls)

QwertyHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi. I have VF Calais V Series 1. The drivers side mirror stopped vertical adjustment. Horizontal and all other functions work. Passenger side mirror works 100%.

I wants the test the vertical mirror adjustment. Does anyone have the wiring diagram or colours at the mirror plug for the vertical motor (and even the horozontal motor). Want to double check the common and mirror wire for it. Does it work like others were I can just connect 1 to positive and 2 to negative to get motor to drive one way and reverse the polarity on the same connection to get it to drive motor opposite?

Thanks for any help.
image.jpgimage.jpg

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
See if this is what you are looking for.
1699262051753.png

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
You seem to be on the right track. I'd suggest that you review this entire section in the VF workshop manual. The troubleshooting steps for ORVM function is usually explained pretty clearly.

Let us know how it goes.

QwertyHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
You seem to be on the right track. I'd suggest that you review this entire section in the VF workshop manual. The troubleshooting steps for ORVM function is usually explained pretty clearly.

Let us know how it goes.
Sorry just saw your reply. Thanks.

I had already tested the switch and couldn’t find any issues. When I I tested the motors this morning at the mirror plug I could get horizontal to move but sweet FA on the vertical so motor is U/S I’d say. Looks like up for a replacement. Might try wreckers first otherwise aftermarket ones seem to be around 200.
Cheers

QwertyHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V

Let us know how it goes.
Not sure if it’s worth me buying the service manual now as looking at buying new car so selling my good old faithful Calais . It’s been a great car.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Not sure if it’s worth me buying the service manual now as looking at buying new car so selling my good old faithful Calais . It’s been a great car.
The service manual is available for free in this form sub-section. A quick search should bring it up.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
You may be able to find the motor on Alibaba for cheap but it may test your google foo.

As for the VF workshop manual, it can be found within the link below