Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Calais V v8 Wagon

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Yeh I get that :)
I've checked them out, nothing. The closest i've found is an aeroflow 6an to 6an with a 1/8 npt but no sender will fit in it due to the size of the 6an.
I think you need to call a trans shop & ask what to get?

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I think you need to call a trans shop & ask what to get?
Yeh if I really want it I will. I dont really need it though, I just use the TCM trans temp.

Reactions: Lex

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Finally got around to ceramic coating (NV Nova Evo) the calais. Thin paint so did a one pass with Nova finesse. Very few swirls (amazingly, for a 2nd hand car) but a decent amount of orange peel that I wasn't game enough to remove. Was a 14 hour job. Didnt know what to expect, never having done it before.
Here are some results after today's wash, about a month after coating.
20220311_102501.jpg
20220311_102455.jpg
20220311_102504.jpg
20220311_102510.jpg
20220311_102534.jpg
20220311_102527.jpg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Great finish and an excellent products.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Looks very nice. Did you ceramic coat the wheels and callipers as well?

You’re making me feel like I need to wash, paint correct and coat my car :p thanks :rolleyes:

PS: always liked the wagon but oddly Holden didn’t do a limited edition wagon release to go with the sedan and utes :confused: A manual LS3 wagon with magride and bimodal mufflers would have been brilliant :cool:

Last edited:

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Looks very nice. Did you ceramic coat the wheels and callipers as well?

Thanks :) No, one of the wheels had a bit of rash that I needed to fix (have now). But also the garage is only a single so once I coated the car, I parked it in there and left it for a week without touching it. But when the wheels come off, then definitely the calipers will get the treatment. I think the brake dust of the wheels are too corrosive and it probably wont be worth it. I still have half a bottle of coating left so I can do our other car, if I get around to it rather than try it on the wheels and see.

PS: always liked the wagon but oddly Holden didn’t do a limited edition wagon release to go with the sedan and utes :confused: A manual LS3 wagon with magride and bimodal mufflers would have been brilliant :cool:
:drool
I come and go with the manual. I miss driving one, but my tuned 6l80e is seriously fun to drive even in fully auto mode. I resigned myself to choosing a wagon (family reasons) then obviously not made in manual unless you went the HSV route so I'm pretty content.
But its availability would definitely make me think twice!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Thanks :) No, one of the wheels had a bit of rash that I needed to fix (have now). But also the garage is only a single so once I coated the car, I parked it in there and left it for a week without touching it. But when the wheels come off, then definitely the calipers will get the treatment. I think the brake dust of the wheels are too corrosive and it probably wont be worth it. I still have half a bottle of coating left so I can do our other car, if I get around to it rather than try it on the wheels and see.

The wagon looks great.

I always give my rims and brake calipers two to three coats of ceramic protection as it does wonders when it come time to clean them.

Brake dust and road grime just slides off but of course if you leave brake dust on anything long enough it will eventually cause pitting, the simple solution is to wash it away regularly.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
The wagon looks great.

I always give my rims and brake calipers two to three coats of ceramic protection as it does wonders when it come time to clean them.

Brake dust and road grime just slides off but of course if you leave brake dust on anything long enough it will eventually cause pitting, the simple solution is to wash it away regularly.

OK I'll give it a try then. Generally wash it every week if driven a lot otherwise every 2 even if never driven.
The coating im using suggests its not layerable so we'll see how it holds up on the wheels and callipers.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The coating im using suggests its not layerable so we'll see how it holds up on the wheels and callipers.
What coating are you using?