Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF CalaisV - Push to Start green but engine not running and locking gives horn beeps.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I have faced this issue once previously. I took the "unhook the battery for 30 mins, then re-attach" route and it has not comeback since.

PS: Off late, random electrical/ electronic gremlins seem to be on the rise. I recently experienced a very rough idle while stopped a signal. A P0300 code was logged in the ECU but everything went back to normal on its own.

Mike001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V VF Sedan
I have faced this issue once previously. I took the "unhook the battery for 30 mins, then re-attach" route and it has not comeback since.

PS: Off late, random electrical/ electronic gremlins seem to be on the rise. I recently experienced a very rough idle while stopped a signal. A P0300 code was logged in the ECU but everything went back to normal on its own.

Agree - must be just a glitch that fixes itself. Thanks for that.

Reminds me of the Foxtel response you get when you have a problem - "Turn it off at the power point for 5 minutes - then back on".

Always works. :)

One thing I do notice - my engine is still so quiet - at times when I'm idling I actually wonder if its on. Such a pity they no longer make this car.

Dustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
I was also wondering if a reset/restart would work - ie unhook the battery then re attach ?

It seems as if the brake is locked on - then slowly "relaxes". The "hand brake" doesn't work - I must add (or doesn't seem to).
Hi Mike001
I have already tried unhooking the battery and waiting 30 minutes to 1 hour, doesn't work. Seems to suit it self when its happens. I have replaced the BCM but still happening. Happened on the weekend. But I found if it wants to start quickly put it in neutral and it seems to start. Then give it a rev. Taking it to another dealer in two weeks and they are going to have it for a week to see what the issue is.

PS tried remote starting when this happens and wont start either. Good luck. Looks like a common issue from reading other posts.

Mike001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V VF Sedan
Hi Mike001
I have already tried unhooking the battery and waiting 30 minutes to 1 hour, doesn't work. Seems to suit it self when its happens. I have replaced the BCM but still happening. Happened on the weekend. But I found if it wants to start quickly put it in neutral and it seems to start. Then give it a rev. Taking it to another dealer in two weeks and they are going to have it for a week to see what the issue is.

PS tried remote starting when this happens and wont start either. Good luck. Looks like a common issue from reading other posts.

I'll try the neutral idea if it happens again.

Thanks for that - let me know how it goes when the new dealer looks at it.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Make sure you check the switch in the gears stick , seems like its not registering that your in park maybe

Dustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Cheers, will try that next time it happens. Never thought of that!
Well for those that are interested.

Took my Calais to City Kia (Formally City Holden) in Adelaide.
They had the car for 2 days and located the problem really quickly.

For those of you out there, it was a burnt out connector in the wiring harness. So if you have this problem and according to them its not common but not uncommon, if that makes sense. You need to have the harness replaced. They have no idea what causes it but they have replaced a few of them with no returns as yet.

To check/replace the harness they need to drop the fuel tank.

I can even give you the part number GM92265123

iphone2 002.JPEG

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Fuel pump connector...

Usually need to change the pump as well...

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Well for those that are interested.

Took my Calais to City Kia (Formally City Holden) in Adelaide.
They had the car for 2 days and located the problem really quickly.

For those of you out there, it was a burnt out connector in the wiring harness. So if you have this problem and according to them its not common but not uncommon, if that makes sense. You need to have the harness replaced. They have no idea what causes it but they have replaced a few of them with no returns as yet.

To check/replace the harness they need to drop the fuel tank.

I can even give you the part number GM92265123

View attachment 246406
What was the cost of the fix - if that's not a delicate question?