Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore inventory at dealerships? What's left?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
One local dealer near me has advertised in our local rag the they have over 50 VF's in stock including some SSV's.
The ad also states they they are interested in trade ins of other model (earlier) Commodores due to high demand for them
one local dealer has 2 sv6's and that's it, another 4 sv6s and 4 V6 Calais that's it. another has 25 redlines wtf??

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
All these excess cars work in our favor for the 2 year old replacement clause in our insurance policies. There seems to b plenty of cars out there. Don't know why they were demanding so high prices last year when now seems to be so much stock.
You're so right there. I did agreed value last year but swapped to Market Value this month for that very reason (and even if I can't find a replacement they will give me what I originally paid anyway!)

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
It's called price gouging, scare mongering etc etc. People were getting redlines for 55~56k driveway and 2017 came and low to mid 60's.
Yep. My local dealer wouldn't budge from 64K for a Redline back in April. They were also asking 2016 Redline prices for black editions (52k). The salesman told me people were ringing up and putting deposits down on anything V8 without even coming in so i better hurry. BS of course.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
It's called price gouging, scare mongering etc etc. People were getting redlines for 55~56k driveway and 2017 came and low to mid 60's.
The MY17 didn't have any rebates from Holden plus the price went up. Start of 2017 was hard to get a discount. Now there seems too much stock and they need to move them.

shelton528

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Z Series - VF2 Motorsport Edition
It's now a buyers market gents and it seams the dealers are finally realising that, they need to move these things on ASAP. In late December last year I was quoted 71K DA for a manual MSE, I counter offered at 66K and was basically told to go **** myself... so I waited. On Saturday I went back in and after 30 mins of back and forth I brought a manual MSE for $65,650 DA.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
there got to make room on the lot now for the new camaros and the chevy trucks that are at hsv right now getting the conversion... seen this morning on facebook all lined up covered in white plastic

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Everyone should post actual prices they have paid here so the rest of us know what deals can be had and where.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It's now a buyers market gents and it seams the dealers are finally realising that, they need to move these things on ASAP. In late December last year I was quoted 71K DA for a manual MSE, I counter offered at 66K and was basically told to go **** myself... so I waited. On Saturday I went back in and after 30 mins of back and forth I brought a manual MSE for $65,650 DA.
Yeah, I see a few on CarSales being advertised for $65k drive-away.
Also a few dealers who've not noticed current values and are asking ~$80k ...

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
Camden Holden. Also noticed Paul Wakeling Holden in Campbelltown have a few SSV's amoung others as well.

Did you see them have an SSVR Sportwagons left.Already got an V8 Calais-V but planning on getting another VF as a daily driver that also needs to be more practical.