Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore styling

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
W...O....W.....WOW

What an interesting read people!!! You learn something new everyday eh...

I enjoyed this...

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Holden is considering a 4 cyl turbo for Commodores.. Looking @ 180kw or something with more Torque then a Alloytech engine..

Don't forget 4 cyl and all large lump of a car too move, When it's cruising it's cruising as a 4 cylinder.

As in weight my Berlina is 1550kg+ with 147kw. I think an 180kw turbo 4 even in a 1680kg+ VF would still go fine on econemy, Better then a Camry 4 that's forsure.

No matter what it will never compare too the 4 cylinder days of the early Commodores, My friend owned one i drove it heaps, Hatted every part of it.
But that was 30kw:p. Even the red motor in the VB was only 66kw in a 1300kg+ car.

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Holden is considering a 4 cyl turbo for Commodores.. Looking @ 180kw or something with more Torque then a Alloytech engine..

Don't forget 4 cyl and all large lump of a car too move, When it's cruising it's cruising as a 4 cylinder.

As in weight my Berlina is 1550kg+ with 147kw. I think an 180kw turbo 4 even in a 1680kg+ VF would still go fine on econemy, Better then a Camry 4 that's forsure.

No matter what it will never compare too the 4 cylinder days of the early Commodores, My friend owned one i drove it heaps, Hatted every part of it.
But that was 30kw:p. Even the red motor in the VB was only 66kw in a 1300kg+ car.

It's all well and good to talk about kw.... but how much torque will it have and across what rev range.

4cyl turbo engines are absolutely useless in heavy vehicles. Case in point, the Mazda CX7 ... it has 175kW/350Nm, HOWEVER because the turbo is useless at low revs during take off, the thing is as thirsty as anything ... in fact ... forums have disgruntled owners saying that while Mazda claimed 13.0L/100km for the city and 9.8L/100km for the highway, they are lucky to get better than around 18L/100km!!!!! Out of a 2.3 litre!!!!!!

I seriously looked at one.... then when I discovered that I could get 14L/100km out of an SSV ... I figured ... which would I have more fun in??? No comparison.

And then of course there's this .... NOTHING SOUNDS AS SWEET AS A V8!

(oh... except maybe two 18 year old nymphettes squealing with excitement as they have a pillow fight in their panties!!! ... yeah... that would sound better!!!!)

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
What i read it should have more torque then the 180-195 alloytech.. I believe it's the motor form the pontiac solstice.

Turbo ECOTEC® 2.0L Variable Valve Timing DOHC 4-cylinder, aluminium (260 hp [193.9 kW] @ 5300 rpm, 260 lb-ft of torque [351.0 N-m] @ 2500 – 5250 rpm).

It seems this motor isnt on the list anymore.

Sharapova sounds alright she's probably a mouse in the sack:D.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Off topic...thread closed after cleaning it up once already.

Status
Not open for further replies.