Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore wont be the last

PHaSR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LUMINA
I think that they are secretly hoping the sales of the VF will be down to justify a shift to the mid size market, nothing else could possibly explain the look of this model made of recycled epica parts and flim-flam.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
I am pretty sure that I saw a comment from Holden along the lines of the VF will probably not be the last Commodore and that RWD is in the Commodore DNA.

Whether that is a development of the Alpha program or something else, only time will tell.

I will sit on my 2013 SV6 Z that I pick up this weekend for about two years, and then look at VF.

I have never bought an auto, and only bought one FWD (the first Honda Accord to land in Oz in 1977). I don't know what I would do if the Commodore post 2016 became FWD or only auto.

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
front wheel drive hahahaha what a stupid idea . if they did that they would be shooting themselves dead . what killed sales was the damn new look of the VF , the back end looks like a friggen camry . its takes getting used to looking at that and saying to yourself yep thats a holden . read all the comments on youtube about the VF they will all say the same thing . to me the only good looking VF is the ssv redline and the HSV GENF . the rest look a bit ugly . I myself got a genf HSV 2014 clubsport and love it the front and the rear shape with the different tail lights is what made me cave in and buy it .

i cant wait to see what they have designed for the next HSV . And they really really need to come out with another HSV coupe .

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
front wheel drive hahahaha what a stupid idea . if they did that they would be shooting themselves dead . what killed sales was the damn new look of the VF , the back end looks like a friggen camry . its takes getting used to looking at that and saying to yourself yep thats a holden . read all the comments on youtube about the VF they will all say the same thing . to me the only good looking VF is the ssv redline and the HSV GENF . the rest look a bit ugly . I myself got a genf HSV 2014 clubsport and love it the front and the rear shape with the different tail lights is what made me cave in and buy it .

i cant wait to see what they have designed for the next HSV . And they really really need to come out with another HSV coupe .

I heard a story a year or two ago that they were bringing back the Opel Omega (Commdore's German cousin) - but it would actually be a rebadged FWD Cadillac. Thankfully that never happened.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I have heard from my local dealer that we will see some Euro based AWD models. Possible turbo options. Time will tell.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have heard from my local dealer that we will see some Euro based AWD models. Possible turbo options. Time will tell.

Just check out the current/future Opel line up. The only problem with their AWD is that it's FWD based - aka rubbish.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I am no expert on AWD, but isnt most AWD, front wheel biased, or based??

RooiLyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F-2 Senator Signature
Just check out the current/future Opel line up. The only problem with their AWD is that it's FWD based - aka rubbish.

Easy to address with a software change to the AWD transfer case / controller - can have it channelling most drive to the rear.