Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Drag Racing Times

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
I have been looking through the site and noticed the Time Slips page hasn't been updated for a while and I am curious how fast all our cars are, especially when we see some 'inflated' dyno numbers.

Let the 1/4 Mile Dyno show the real power we're making.

I am happy to compile a list of times (for VF only) if people are interested in sending me their times sheets and with the JC community approval have a sticky on the top of the page with the list? Something I am able to edit, but people aren't able to post in to keep the thread clean and easy to read.

Something like, send me a copy of your time card and list of modifications.
Forum User Name.
Vehicle = VF, Evoke, Calais, SS, Redline, etc.
Body = Sedan, Wagon or Ute.
Engine = LS3, LS2, LFX.
Engine Size = 3.6lt (LFX), 364ci (6.0lt), 376ci (6.3lt), 416ci (6.8lt), 427ci, (7.0lt)
N/A = Naturally Aspirated
Supercharger = LSA, 2300, 2650, 2.9 + Brand, Harrop, Whipple, etc.
Turbo = Number and size.
N2O = if you use Nitrous Oxide at the track
Bolt-on Mods, Heads, Cam, Exhaust, OTR, Intake.
Transmission, Manual or Auto (Please list trans type, 6L80E, 4L80, etc.)
Converter = High Stall only if applicable.
Diff Ratio = 3.27 - 3.46 - 3.70 or other if non-factory.
Tyres = Street or Drag Radials and size.
Track = SD - Sydney Dragway, AIR - Adelaide International Raceway, WB - Willowbank, CP - Calder Park, etc.
Date.

Do we want to include RWKW as tuned or keep that 'secret' as we all know how people love to inflate their actual number, and the variation in dynos across the country.

Then from the Time Slip I will use 60', 330', 660', 660' mph 1000', 1320', 1320' mph. Id ask for two time slips so I can see the Race Number is genuine (and backed up) and you're not sending me some 7 sec blown outlaw car on a bad run for your N/A 6.0 to run an easy 9sec pass. :)

I can then look at breaking them down into separate lists for Blown, N/A, 6Cyl, etc as we get more input.

As an example, mine would look something like this. I'd need to look at putting it in excel format so it could be easily sorted as new vehicles are added.

GMVPSS
VF2 SSV Redline Wagon. LS3, 376ci, N/A, Heads, Cam, Exhaust, OTR, Converter, 3.70, M/T Drag Radials, 285/40R18, Calder 01-07-2018.
60' - 1.645
330' - 4.837
660' - 7.462 @ 93.423mph (150.35kmh)
1000' - 9.711
1320' 11.611 @ 121.993 (196.33kmh)

What do the racers of JC think??

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Something like this for easy reading?

Attachments

• Just_Commodores_ET_List.pdf
    32.2 KB · Views: 501

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
Impressive time. I like the thread idea too.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
Something like this for easy reading?

very fast time well done , brand new car as well, could you list some of the main mods you have done , and how is your fuel economy thanks mate

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Are you only interested in official drag strip info, what about reporting from VBox or Dragy type GPS loggers? Would they be (especially 20hz GPS loggers) be of any interest?

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
As a drag racer myself I wouldn't be interested in those numbers as I would be questioning accuracy of the data and the users calibration, etc, etc. However if enough people were ok with the numbers being included we could have them noted as being GPS et and MPH under the track. (ie, SD, WB, CP, GPS.)

Are you only interested in official drag strip info, what about reporting from VBox or Dragy type GPS loggers? Would they be (especially 20hz GPS loggers) be of any interest?

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks .05,

The car has just clicked over 7,000km so it is still pretty new (and tight). It should be faster than it is, (the mph is showing should be a very low 11) and the 60' is slow so the next bit of tuning is going to improve the off idle power to try and pick up ET to 60'.

Being a wagon it is heavier than a sedan or ute, but still that's only 0.1's of a second (100Lb = 0.1sec in ET.)

Higgins CNC Heads, Harrop Cam, Harrop OTR, SDC Converter, 3.70 Holden Diff. Engine and trans tuning. At the track I use Mickey Thompson Drag Radials so I don't have any tyre slip issues. I also have Coil overs with bump and rebound adjustment.

Fuel economy is good and bad. Good on the freeway when the converter is locked and sitting on 100kmh I can get 9.5-10lt/100km easily. However as soon as I get into traffic (stop start on the freeway or around town) due to the torque converter requiring more pedal to get the car moving, fuel economy can easily go up over 25lt/100km.

My long term average over 500km is at 18.1lt/100km at the moment. Acceptable for an almost 600hp daily driver.

very fast time well done , brand new car as well, could you list some of the main mods you have done , and how is your fuel economy thanks mate

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Realistically, how many users on JC race their VF's?

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Realistically, how many users on JC race their VF's?

I hear You, maybe we need a recruiting drive because there would have been 20 VF's at Calder last Sunday in varying models. Lots of 10-sec LSA's there!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Decent time for a heavy car...they are jekyll & hyde when it comes to fuel economy (highway vs cbd)