Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf driver's electric seat not working

luke jacobson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline s2
Hi ppl . My driver's seat adjustment all 3 switches just stopped working has anyone else had this issue . Yes I have checked there 30A fuse . What else am I missing ? Tia

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
a multi-meter and wiring diagrams.

You can search this forum for the workshop manual which has all the wiring diagrams.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Ahh! The battery was changed -- that's a little detail you might have mentioned in your original post. All sorts of shenanigans can happen when the battery is changed on modern vehicles if it's not done correctly (e.g. without a memory retainer). I would suggest either using an OBD2 scan tool to check for any fault codes (if you can get access to one), or taking the vehicle to an auto electrician to do it for you.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Ahh! The battery was changed -- that's a little detail you might have mentioned in your original post. All sorts of shenanigans can happen when the battery is changed on modern vehicles if it's not done correctly (e.g. without a memory retainer). I would suggest either using an OBD2 scan tool to check for any fault codes (if you can get access to one), or taking the vehicle to an auto electrician to do it for you.
This is not the case with the VF.
However, the act of changing the battery could have caused fuses etc to blow if shorted etc

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
You'll need an above average scan tool to be able to read fault codes from a BCM.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
They worked battery was changed now they don't
You could simply try a hard reset (disconnect battery earth cable, wait 5 minutes and then reconnect battery earth cable) and see if the system boots up cleanly. But if you've got blown fuses or a faulty module, it wont help.

These modern cars can be scary at times with rare reports of modules blowing on battery replacement...

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Battery changed! Why? Flat battery? Car wouldn’t start?

Then jump started?????