Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Evoke Paddle Shifters?

Rockota

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has installed paddle shifters on a VF Evoke? I'm led to believe the Holden Genuine setup (suitable for fitment on SV6/SS) won't work on an Evoke, possibly due to wiring harness differences? So, has anyone tried non-genuine? Thanks

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don't think Holden ever fitted paddle-shifters to 6cyl cars, I've never heard of it at least.
You could undoubtedly hack something up if you had the tools to reprogram some components.
I'm surprised there's something aftermarket to do this, given the small number of potential buyers & the need to make custom components that would fit.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
I don't think Holden ever fitted paddle-shifters to 6cyl cars, I've never heard of it at least.
You could undoubtedly hack something up if you had the tools to reprogram some components.
I'm surprised there's something aftermarket to do this, given the small number of potential buyers & the need to make custom components that would fit.

They were available on Series 2 SV6's as an option (I believe the MY15 was only later model Redlines). I got the kit from Holden, installed myself on my MY16 SV6 (Comes with the little steering wheel wiring loom for the paddles) You need to program the cars BCM

The catch comes in with the programming.

If you go through Holden, they will only do it on the SV6's as I believe the GM servers generate the software update based on the cars VIN number only. As it was never an option on V6 Calais, Holden won't do it, so this may be the same as the Evoke

You may need to contact 3rd party programmers, such as LSXtreme and Envoyus customs. They maybe able to activate them (You'll need to send your cars BCM in though)

JHP also sell a kit but may work, but from what I can see this is some third part kit so could cause issues (Its also extortionately expensive, double the price of Holdens kit)

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
If anyone can, lsxtreme would be my choice. They did my Calais (V8 though). Genuine Holden gear too, but had to send my BCM in. Got it back in 48hrs which I thought was excellent.
Also requires ECU unlock (hptuners/efilive) to flash supplied ttans calibration. Not sure if the 3.0 uses a supported ECU.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I optioned my VF2 SV6 ute with the flat bottom steering wheel and it incorporates paddle shifters…but yeah not standard as far as I know on 6 cylinder or SS for that matter (had to option same for it).
Not sure if it’s been done with Evoke though.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
flappy paddles on a evoke :D

providing you can get the kit for the steering wheel/clockspring etc it could be done, if you cant program it you could probably interface with the tcm to have it change up and down.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
flappy paddles on a evoke :D

providing you can get the kit for the steering wheel/clockspring etc it could be done, if you cant program it you could probably interface with the tcm to have it change up and down.
You can try J.Leds Customs.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has installed paddle shifters on a VF Evoke? I'm led to believe the Holden Genuine setup (suitable for fitment on SV6/SS) won't work on an Evoke, possibly due to wiring harness differences? So, has anyone tried non-genuine? Thanks

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

I think i would crush the vehicle before going down that rabbit hole lol