Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Evoke wagon 2017 110,000 klm for 17 K. Mad or not ?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Mate, when we buy second hand cars it's always a bit of a gamble, all we can do is go by the log books and at best get a mechanic to go through it.

I'd love to buy it from my mum who always had my back but unfortunately she's dead.
Sorry to hear about your mother...

Yes, you're correct on used cars being a bit of a gamble, but in my personal opinion, I don't really see the point of upgrading from what you currently have to the same model car, unless your current Evoke is starting to feel worn out and/or has loads of issues...

Edit: Are you talking about this car? Looking through your post history, you got this one last year with 260,000km with a stuffed torque converter... In that case I'd say go and get your friend's one... Sorry, I got confused...
1708925419971.png

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
That's right,

in this case the reason is 165,000 klm and two years build difference. Also it's the last year of production for the VF so that's another reason.

I figure I can flip my present VF for 10 K and upgrade for 6-7 k out of pocket. I've then got a 2017 VF with 110 klm on it and I'll die before that will.

Sort of makes good financial sence to me given the cost of friggin repairs these day. I'm trying to work sh-it out so i just buy a van and get down the road.

Fly back into Perth on Wedensday and don't want to piss around to much.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Sorry to hear about your mother...

Yes, you're correct on used cars being a bit of a gamble, but in my personal opinion, I don't really see the point of upgrading from what you currently have to the same model car, unless your current Evoke is starting to feel worn out and/or has loads of issues...

Edit: Are you talking about this car? Looking through your post history, you got this one last year with 260,000km with a stuffed torque converter... In that case I'd say go and get your friend's one... Sorry, I got confused...
View attachment 264638

Yep, that's my one now. Picking it up Friday with new converter. I'm into it now for 11 K.

Also I've noticed it's 260 Klm and not 275 K ?

Very nice car actually, I might keep it.

Ha ha.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
That's right,

Also it's the last year of production for the VF so that's another reason.
That usually holds true, buy the last in the series, not the first...

Except for Holden 2017 production, quality took a steep slide downhill.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
after driving the evoke for a while i only found two things that let it down when compared to the ve/vf range, one was the seats as mentioned and the other was the suspension because it allowed more body roll and tended to be floaty at high speed.

other than that it had all of the tech that was needed for its time and the engine wasnt a turd.
I totally agree except for the engine particularly when driving an FG Falcon previously. The 3 litre Evoke engine is flat and underpowered in comparison and the 3.6 (LFX) engine is still short on torque compared with the Falcon but has a stronger top end if you rev it harder. I think it was a stupid idea for Holden to underpower the Evoke with a 3 litre engine when the opposition (Falcon) engine was so much stronger.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I totally agree except for the engine particularly when driving an FG Falcon previously. The 3 litre Evoke engine is flat and underpowered in comparison and the 3.6 (LFX) engine is still short on torque compared with the Falcon but has a stronger top end if you rev it harder. I think it was a stupid idea for Holden to underpower the Evoke with a 3 litre engine when the opposition (Falcon) engine was so much stronger.

for sure when comparing it to the 3.6, i think when they were formulating its specs they just looked at the fleet aspect because the sv6 was supposed to be the normal entry level vf but they needed a "povo pack".

most dealers around here in 2014/15 never had an evoke or talked about them they were unicorns lol

if there was an option on the table evoke or sv6 then yeah it would be sv6 all day long, i dont think the suspension on the evoke was tuned very well too, the evoke i had only had 40,000km on the clock when i got it and it was floaty at 110km on country roads and driving a sv6 you could tell the difference between the 2.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Some interesting info provided here regards the Evoke being a unicorn.
It's loaded with some nice stuff considering it's entry level fleet orientated car.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Some interesting info provided here regards the Evoke being a unicorn.
It's loaded with some nice stuff considering it's entry level fleet orientated car.
It was an artificially-created base-model for marketing/pricelist reasons, which they knew wasn’t going to sell in numbers.
It probably would’ve cost more to remove more standard equipment, given that factoid. :)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
for sure when comparing it to the 3.6, i think when they were formulating its specs they just looked at the fleet aspect because the sv6 was supposed to be the normal entry level vf but they needed a "povo pack".

most dealers around here in 2014/15 never had an evoke or talked about them they were unicorns lol

if there was an option on the table evoke or sv6 then yeah it would be sv6 all day long, i dont think the suspension on the evoke was tuned very well too, the evoke i had only had 40,000km on the clock when i got it and it was floaty at 110km on country roads and driving a sv6 you could tell the difference between the 2.
Apparently they built the evoke to meet the big companies emissions standards they all wanted *for their fleet cars* so they could all crow about reducing their company emissions and going green 1 mile at a time. The interesting test would be to compare real world emissions instead of the ones from the standard tests they do.

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It was an artificially-created base-model for marketing/pricelist reasons, which they knew wasn’t going to sell in numbers.
It probably would’ve cost more to remove more standard equipment, given that factoid. :)
They should have just changed the name and badges :)
The cool crowd would have still bought SV6 just for the cop chip..