Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
The Mylink system is QNX based and is used in about 70% of all car info systems especially high end systems. The mylink systems seems to works seamlessly with Android based systems and Blackberry 7 and Blackberry 10 based phones which are also android based. I suspect that the Iphone IOS system being proprietary is the reason for your problems and not the mylink. As the numbers of IOS based devices are dropping and are no longer number one, developers only worry about products which are in demand.

Papa007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
You're most likely right zappaboy which is why I question why holden give it all the iphone ipod hype when it isnt compatible.
I just logged onto to the Holden website under ownership and it appears that the Iphone 4 highest operating system is IOS 4.0.2 but then in the next column it says the Firmware Version 4.0 onwards is OK.
Talk about confuse people.
My iPhone is on 6 now and they are about to release 7. Yep get rid of that icon for ipod and replace it with Android !

Nearly forgot sick_SV8 question. You wouldn't even know it was an electrical drive in the steering it has a great feel about it.

BlueLagoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Blue Lagoon,
I cant select "Play more like this" because it says indexing and indexing wont finish.
Out of curiosity, do you have an iPhone and how are you connected Blue Tooth or USB ?
I must say not all of my songs on my iPhone are purchased from Apple some are MP3's of recorded from Records but none the less the Artwork is embedded in the file.
Its driving me nutty ?

Usually bluetooth but it doesn't seem to start indexing until I connect by USB, and then it takes maybe a minute to finish indexing. I'm using an iPhone 5 and I don't believe there's a single song on my iphone that's from the Apple store.

100percentjames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I have a VF SSV Sportwagon that i have had for now a week and a half. The only issues i have are the heater issue like everyone else, as well as having to re-pair my iphone 5 if i switch the bluetooth off on my phone when i am away from the car.

Having previously owning a 2008 FG XR6T, this is a god send. The ford was in multiple times for issues including sat nav, heater pipe, 4 glove boxes, steering wheel controls, 2 computers, starter motor, and the list will go on.

This holden is a god send, and i have now finally seen the light!

Papa007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
Usually bluetooth but it doesn't seem to start indexing until I connect by USB, and then it takes maybe a minute to finish indexing. I'm using an iPhone 5 and I don't believe there's a single song on my iphone that's from the Apple store.

Thanks for that now Im even more confused. I have a iPhone 4GS but that shouldnt make a difference.
If anybody has any contacts in this world to take it to please let me know Id appreciate it. Clearly my Dealer in Mornington has no idea :(

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
The manuals states that the Iphone connecting via USB and Bluetooth does not work.

I have noticed occasional album art and song title syncing problems. Sometimes it works and other times the album art and song title will be shown on the mylink after the shop has played. I am contacting via a blackberry 10 Z10 and all other phone related issues are flawless with this phone and mylink. This is not surprising as the Mylink using QNX and this OS is owned by Blackberry.

Also found that the cruise control does not brake and slow down the car for example going down a hill. This is very disappointing as a previous car Astra TS did this and kept its speed whether going uphill or downhill.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Maybe the mylink isn't compatible with the album art's format.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Also found that the cruise control does not brake and slow down the car for example going down a hill. This is very disappointing as a previous car Astra TS did this and kept its speed whether going uphill or downhill.

That is going to annoy the **** out of me. It's one thing I didn't even think of testing as I thought every car did it these days.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I agree - I thought all cars did it these days. Must be something not right. What's the use of cruise control if it can't maintain the car's speed? :bang: