Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

BigTacoBandit

Reaction score
I have a 2014 SV6 Auto Sportswagon that I bought second hand with 24,000k's on it and have just started noticing that when Im driving along with the revs at about 1,200 - 1,500RPM that a real deep vibration occurs, almost like the car is about to stall and the whole car shakes. The vibration keeps going until the revs rise out of this range or the car drops back a gear. It seems to do it in every gear and I've also tried driving in Sports mode to keep the revs up but it still does it.

Anyone have any ideas whats going?

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
I have a 2014 SV6 Auto Sportswagon that I bought second hand with 24,000k's on it and have just started noticing that when Im driving along with the revs at about 1,200 - 1,500RPM that a real deep vibration occurs, almost like the car is about to stall and the whole car shakes. The vibration keeps going until the revs rise out of this range or the car drops back a gear. It seems to do it in every gear and I've also tried driving in Sports mode to keep the revs up but it still does it.

Anyone have any ideas whats going?

Torque converter. Sounds very similar to a problem i had with a mazda tribute

Praxos

Reaction score
Members Ride
looking
Last edited:

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
A long time ago I had written about a Vibration issue. The tail shaft was replaced and the car is now super smooth. GMH and the Dealer workshop put in a lot of effort to isolate and rectify the problem. It is so pleasurable to drive now without the annoying vibration. So all warranty issues fixed and I am a happy customer. Now it is near time to look at the replacement car. Will look at change over figure and decide to buy the new or supercharge the old.

sidaiyo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Shine
Had my car serviced and had movement of the seat - Glen waverley holden did the clips and it seems to be fine now!

Hi, my 2015 Redline has a same problem. The diver seat is moving and clicking every cornoring, stop, start. I went to Ballan holden, Watson holden in Victoria. But counldn't get fix at all and it's getting worse. Did you get fix from Glen Waverley?
And i'm still got a pinging noise under acceleration. Can't get a fix:(
Does anyone have fix this pinging noise?

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Hi, my 2015 Redline has a same problem. The diver seat is moving and clicking every cornoring, stop, start. I went to Ballan holden, Watson holden in Victoria. But counldn't get fix at all and it's getting worse. Did you get fix from Glen Waverley?
And i'm still got a pinging noise under acceleration. Can't get a fix:(
Does anyone have fix this pinging noise?

It will definitely be the clips. Had this issue a while ago. Maybe ring and find a dealer that knows the problem and how to fix it.

Can you post a video of the pinging?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Another Mylink issue that has just appeared in the last few days.
When I select AM, it defaults to 693. But I never listen to that station. I only listen to SEN.
Weird.

Pallbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Has anyone worked out a way to turn the beeping noise off when the reversing camera is on or on the front sensors. Dont get me wrong, I love the sensors, just hate the volume of the bleeding beeps!