Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

AnotherSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline Sportwagon
I think I'm having a "Duh!" moment here... I have a 2014 built MY15 SSV Redline and I've just noticed that the stitching in on the steering wheel is black whereas all the other stitching in the car is red. Should a SSV Redline have red stitching on the wheel?

Mines the same, I recall reading about it in a magazine review too. A little disappointing but its not that obvious unless you're looking.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ It honestly didn't even occur to me, until now ... and we've had the wheel replaced under warranty 'cos the leather was a bit tatty/loose, so I have been looking at it. :)

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
Mines the same, I recall reading about it in a magazine review too. A little disappointing but its not that obvious unless you're looking.

I saw some red stitched ones on JHP so I assumed they were for SSVs - what are they then - an option?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Maybe JHP thought enough people would want red-stitched wheels as an upgrade that they stock them?
Or maybe the red stitching was something Holden dropped before the 2014 model-year?

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I think I'm having a "Duh!" moment here... I have a 2014 built MY15 SSV Redline and I've just noticed that the stitching in on the steering wheel is black whereas all the other stitching in the car is red. Should a SSV Redline have red stitching on the wheel?

I have a very early build VF Redline (2013) that had the better seat bolsters, but no there is no red stitching on the wheel of my car either.

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
dealer is putting a complete seat base into the car. 8/14 Build date

i have the same problem lately, seat is moving every time car is turned. have the same build date as your car :)
might just wait till the next service.

shotter

Reaction score
I'm having the same side to side seat movement issue and was told by Holden service that the movement was "normal". I wasn't happy with that response.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
I'm having the same side to side seat movement issue and was told by Holden service that the movement was "normal". I wasn't happy with that response.

i have had the cushion come of the drivers seat then repaired, then the cushion came off again. The cushion also came off the passenger seat was repaired then came off again, they finally replaced both seat cushions, the passenger one is fixed but the drivers seat one now clicks and has movement when turning or changing direction. Very annoying the last time it was in they basically just ignored my requests to check the drivers seat. This isn't normal when i had the original base the seat never had this movement. they are full of ****!!!

shotter

Reaction score
Yea i'm not going back to the same dealership for the next service. This B/S was on top of them not resetting the service reminder, not rotating the tyres and not looking at the brake squeal but then saying they washed the brakes and it all looked good. (Calipers still have brake dust on them) oh and saying the issues with USB, A/C and GPS should all be fixed by the next update. Whenever that will be....

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Hows this one they told me they had rotated my tires i asked the service guy "how?" he told me front to rear as per the service manual. i Then asked him how this was possible as the car has staggered wheels! so he took me out to the car car to show me i hadn't washed it for a couple of weeks their wasn't even a hand print on the dust on the rim! F@8king lie to your face.