Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
After one dealer visit for warranty purposes, despite the really cheap servicing (due to the fixed-price thingy subsidised by Holden) I'm off to the trusted mechanic I've been using for the last decade (The Rev Doctor at Hornsby) for all but warranty repairs. Which I'm hoping there'll be no more of. It wasn't major stuff, but it was stuff that showed a lack of attention.
I know Scott will cost more, but if my door-trim comes back without boot-scuffs and & don't have to reassemble the tailgate trim and the steering-column cover myself, it's worth it.

shotter

Reaction score
Hows this one they told me they had rotated my tires i asked the service guy "how?" he told me front to rear as per the service manual. i Then asked him how this was possible as the car has staggered wheels! so he took me out to the car car to show me i hadn't washed it for a couple of weeks their wasn't even a hand print on the dust on the rim! F@8king lie to your face.

Yep that doesn't surprise me one bit. And i highly doubt all the "Check's and inspections" are done each service.

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
Has anyone managed to get the rattle in the drivers door and also the noise in the seatbelt assembly fixed? twice now and it still rattles!!!! 2013 VF Redline

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Yep that doesn't surprise me one bit. And i highly doubt all the "Check's and inspections" are done each service.

They all lie. Just print off a generic sheet and tick it all as done. On my last service said they rotated the tyres. Well they didn't as my LH rear with the specific rash mark was still in the same position. I only noticed when I got home.

Said they reset service reminder, they didn't I did it myself beforehand . Just little things but makes you wonder what else they don't do properly. A pretty fired up email to the service manager had them take the car back and rotate the wheels and give me a loan car.

The best one was my old Navara though. Took it to Nissan dealer for 80k service so they could do the tranny/diff oils etc as I couldn't be bothered. Learnt my lesson there, On the list they had replaced the spark plugs. I said to the service manager that's interesting you guys seriously, are a joke. It was a 3 litre turbo diesel.

Once my car is out of warranty I will service myself.

shotter

Reaction score
yea went back today and got them to reset the service counter and was told that they have found sometimes it has to be done again a few days after they reset it the first time..... And my tyres are most likely directional and bigger on the back so they dont rotate them at all. and i now have to take it back next week because they couldn't be bothered to put it on a hoist to check the front brake pad shims to see why the shim is only covered 3/4 of the back of the pad.... hahah nice one about the spark plugs!! and yep once the factory warranty is up no more dealer servicing for me.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Who says Holden have to service the car to keep your warranty?

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Who says Holden have to service the car to keep your warranty?
Yep well aware that as long as it is a certified repairer then it counts in the log book. I've moved around a lot over the last few years so am yet to find a service centre worth building a relationship with since settling in one spot. So if you have a good one stick with them.

13redlineVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf redline
I have a few issues would love to know how people went with these with warranty

1- my seat drivers moves slightly feels really minor but annoying

2- steering wheel top peeling off wheel a bit looks terrible for 1 year old 60000 car!

3- rear brakes are faded and rusty front brembos look good back looks terrible

Thanks in advance

shotter

Reaction score
When i took mine in for the seat moving side to side Holden said the movement was "normal".

shotter

Reaction score
I was told today that the reason why my brakes are squealing is because the back rotors have overheated and need to be machined for $170. The car has 15k on the clock so i'm not really confident that is the cause of the issue