Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Erazer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv
Not sure if this is a fault or feature but when approaching an obstacle at less than 15kms/hr, my front parking sensors don't activate unless I press the parking sensor button. Is this how other peoples work?

I have read the manual but it's not that clear, I would have thought they would be on all the time.

Thanks

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Not sure if this is a fault or feature but when approaching an obstacle at less than 15kms/hr, my front parking sensors don't activate unless I press the parking sensor button. Is this how other peoples work?

I have read the manual but it's not that clear, I would have thought they would be on all the time.

Thanks

Mine come on regardless of the parking sensor button. This is not turned on by default, but my sensors pick up obstacles in front. It beeps and the screen shows the yellow and red bars. I would take it back to the dealer because something is obviously wrong.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Thanks

Mine does the opposite but I wish it worked your way. I'd like a switch to turn them all off permanently tbh.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Mine does the opposite but I wish it worked your way. I'd like a switch to turn them all off permanently tbh.

You bought a VF? :confused:

vkcala

Reaction score
Members Ride
searching for vk

Thanks

Mine is like yours

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I'd like a switch to turn them all off permanently tbh.

Maybe a hammer? I agree a button or switch to turn them on or off would be handy and also think you shouldn't need them or rely on them, but the sensors are a good backup imo.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
You bought a VF? :confused:

Nope - but I hate those park sensors with a passion. Reversing camera - I think every car should have one. Park sensors - well if you need them (particularly the front ones) then really you should be handing in your license.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
The parking sensors are annoying at times but the one time they prevent you from hitting something you will be happy that they are there.

I have found that the sensor light in on all the time but they appear to only work when you press the button and then the light is brighter. Is this the norm or should get it checked at the next service.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Park sensors - well if you need them (particularly the front ones) then really you should be handing in your license.

There's a difference between needing them and having that extra peace of mind. As has been said, the ONE time they save you during a moment of complacence or a small interruption, they're worth it. But it would be nice if you could switch them on or off yourself.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
There's a difference between needing them and having that extra peace of mind. As has been said, the ONE time they save you during a moment of complacence or a small interruption, they're worth it. But it would be nice if you could switch them on or off yourself.

The problem is that with all the beeps and buzzers in modern cars people get "deaf" to them and just don't pay attention thus after a period of time they are rendered useless. They aren't going to stop you from a hard hit - at best they may stop you from a very low speed bump.