Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Buy android, it works perfectly. Or at least whack your music onto a usb drive (mp3 format). Works perfectly with voice commands via USB as well.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
My usb randomly starts at a different song when I turn the car on generally 5 back from what I was listening to. Have they released a fix for this?

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Strange, mine doesn't. I'm using a TDK 32 gig stick if that matters.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I escalated my Mylink issues to Holden. They got me to take photos of all the versions of software on Mylink and email them to them.
I would have thought they would just look the car up to see what it has but apparently they don't track software updates.
Anyway, if they cant sort it I will get rid of the ipod and just try a USB stick.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
How have you organised folders and files on the TDK?

I just have all my music in folders for each artist separately. So no mp3's on the flash drive until you open the respective folder. It did index at first, but hasn't done that since. I just say, "play track just a dream" and it will find it, say it's command and play. It will offer if there is more than one track with that name. It will play that song again next time I drive. Mine is a Sep. build.

justolder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
My iPhone 5 keeps losing Bluetooth connection. Not in call or anything. However, twice so far the device is not recognised after previously working fine. I have to delete the Mylink connection on my phone and go through the connection process again. I assume it's my phone and not Mylink but will ask at the first service.

Same problem my iphone 5 drops out almost every second day, this problem only occurred after my firmware was upgraded to fix heat / cooling issue. Strangely enough my partners iPhone 4 works without fail and has not dropped out once. Local Holden dealer blames phone but clearly prior to upgrade to mylink I never had issue and partners phone still works fine so no solution that Holden seem to care about.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Hi Flukey

I suspect so but I am not sure if you can update the IOS on your iPod. An upgrade of the IOS on an iPhone 4 or using a later version of iPhone have been demonstrated by members of these forums to resolve most mylink issues