Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

dav0j

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi Duaned

I spent a bit of time today trying to fix the door trim rattles in my VF (with good results so far). I was originally chasing rattles in the trims themselves, applying various bits of foam and rubber between the door and the trim with average results. I then removed all of the door trims from the car and went for a drive around my test circuit (I have a horribly paved road nearby, great for diagnosing rattles) and the rattles were still present. So the rattles weren't actually coming from the door trims like I originally thought, they were in the doors themselves.

Strange to hear about people with rattles. I've had none that I've noticed and going on 20,000km shortly.

On another note, last weekend, I went to squirt water on my windscreen and the wipers stopped half way through. Had to pull over in the emergency lane on the freeway and turned the car off (assuming it was electrical fault) with no go. I got out of the car and had to force them back down then it was all good.

Haven't had this problem occur again since. Has this happened to anyone else?

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Strange to hear about people with rattles. I've had none that I've noticed and going on 20,000km shortly.

On another note, last weekend, I went to squirt water on my windscreen and the wipers stopped half way through. Had to pull over in the emergency lane on the freeway and turned the car off (assuming it was electrical fault) with no go. I got out of the car and had to force them back down then it was all good.

Haven't had this problem occur again since. Has this happened to anyone else?

It probably doesn't help that a few people out there with rattles (myself included) have modified exhaust systems which probably vibrate a few things loose.

& FG Falcons have a similar issue with wipers stopping half way every now and then, it's a symptom of a faulty wiper motor, could be a similar thing with VFs?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
My remote doesn't open the boot anymore only the internal button on drivers side does. This is after they did the BCM update on the door locks.

We have two keyless entry remotes and neither work so it is not the remote itself. They must have reprogrammed incorrectly. At least this should be under warranty.

Holden has released a rework: 14-SU-05 - BCM reprogram.

SERVICE UPDATE BULLETIN
14-SU-05
BCM Software Reprogram

dav0j

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
My remote doesn't open the boot anymore only the internal button on drivers side does. This is after they did the BCM update on the door locks.

We have two keyless entry remotes and neither work so it is not the remote itself. They must have reprogrammed incorrectly. At least this should be under warranty.

SERVICE UPDATE BULLETIN
14-SU-05
BCM Software Reprogram

actually this reminds me. since my last service, i cannot open the boot with my key or internal button while the car is on. this was never a problem prior to going in for a service. is that how it should be?! :s

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16

SERVICE UPDATE BULLETIN
14-SU-05
BCM Software Reprogram

Have you tried holding down the button for a few seconds? One of the updates changed how the button works, you now have to hold it down to open the boot.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
It probably doesn't help that a few people out there with rattles (myself included) have modified exhaust systems which probably vibrate a few things loose.

The sole reason I haven't done suspension or exhaust to my vf yet. After 4 goes the rattles are still here. They admitted if I did anything like that they would automatically dismiss rattles.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Folks I need some help with Mylink.

Say you go into the music menu in Mylink for your Ipod. Scroll down to songs, select a track, it plays.
How do you then go back and play all tracks again?
After a track played yesterday, I went back and selected shuffle again, and all it did was kept playing the current track over and over. I then went into Songs, selected another track, hit shuffle again, and it only would play the new track, nothing else.
Is it me or is Mylink just a heap of crap?

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
The issue is not the mylink. You are using an Ipod and there is the problem. Other IOS devices which do experiences problems with the mylink usually are fixed by upgrading the OS on the device. I am not sure if this can be done on an Ipod. If it cannot, maybe one of your options will be to use another device that is compatible with the mylink. I assume you use a smartphone and even if it is an older Iphone if they have an upgrade of the IOS they then work with the mylink. Most other phones do not have any issues.