Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

DTX Drummer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6
Last Tuesday I picked up my new VF SV6 which was built on 25/09/13 and i have noticed that when you turn the ignition on and a couple of seconds later you will hear a vibration noise coming from the rear of the vehicle for about 3 seconds only then it goes away. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Hey RCCSV6 yes I have the same issue. Car delivered Dec 13 and the exhaust resonates (quit loud and I have recordings if the noises) and if the speed is below 10kms in heavy traffic it becomes worse. Holden claim it's a standard noise, I also have a 2007 VE red V still and it runs quoted than the VF. Do you still have this problem? Or has it been fixed? If so how was it fixe? Holden claim fitting a new exhaust system might fix it.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Hello all... on a different topic... my VF is in this week having some paint defects rectified. Holden agreed to it much to my surprise, so credit to them. The defects were only minor so im not sure if a full respray would be done for the whole panel or just the area with the defect?

Is there anything i should be weary of? Im concerned about colours matching up. My car is perfect blue, the bonnet and spoiler are where the defects are. Has anyone else had any pain defects rectified?

Depending on what the defects are, they may not paint at all. They may decide to buff / wetsand them out.

wot recession

call me wotman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 auto Ute.
Not sure if answered yet.
rattle in passenger door.
its not in the door. Its where the seat belt bolts to the car at the bottom of the passenger belt.
the metal bracket rattles against the bolt.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Hi Flukey

Correct just use a USB key or your phone and you should not have any issues. If you buy a larger Micro SD card for your phone you will then just use the one device

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
The manual states that it does not have full support for IOS devices. If you have an iPhone, just upgrade the IOS and you should be Ok. iPhone 5 appear to be Ok with the mylink. Samsung sell more andriod devices than Apple. When all android devices are added up they easily exceed IOS devices. Nokia sell more phones than any other manufacturer but 90% of these are not smartphones and are pre paid cheap phones and/or are sold in the third world like Africa/parts of Asia and finally Queensland. :)

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Andriod are always going to sell more as they are $20 pop outs for the kids and tight arses but iphones are the future and you cant go back. If Holden don't support this, it's because Holden have finished.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Andriod are always going to sell more as they are $20 pop outs for the kids and tight arses but iphones are the future and you cant go back. If Holden don't support this, it's because Holden have finished.

iphones are the future.. whilst android has come in and taken over 80% of the market. Lol, keep dreaming.

Phone fanboys are so annoying. Just pick the phone you like and quit bitching about the others. Holden/GM are just reacting to the market, 80% is a big number.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
iphones are the future.. whilst android has come in and taken over 80% of the market. Lol, keep dreaming.

Phone fanboys are so annoying. Just pick the phone you like and quit bitching about the others. Holden/GM are just reacting to the market, 80% is a big number.

Haha that's seriously funny, you don't realise how stoopid this all has become, all bullshit stats and sticking up for Chinese IC maker and brands you can't pronounce in English... The [brand of personal music player] probably doesn't work with a lot of newer appliances, stuff happens, use a $5 Chinese USB.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Iphones are so past there use by date, I had one for 2 years couldnt wait to get rid of it. Now with the new HTC and it leaves the apples in the barrel where they belong.

cheers

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
Not sure if answered yet.
rattle in passenger door.
its not in the door. Its where the seat belt bolts to the car at the bottom of the passenger belt.
the metal bracket rattles against the bolt.

Thank you! I had a look at this and wouldn't you know it, loose as a goose! now to fix the drivers door