Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
Another deletion:

VE SV6 Z has fog lamps. VF SV6 does not.

The rear camera in the VE SV6Z has guidelines to assist. The VF just provides the picture.

The lack of guidelines is disappointing on the vf, I thought that technology was a given for this day and age with all the other kit out the vf has.

Any chance the guidelines will be added down the track as an update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Another deletion:

VE SV6 Z has fog lamps. VF SV6 does not.

The rear camera in the VE SV6Z has guidelines to assist. The VF just provides the picture.

Agreed, found the loss of the guidelines a little crazy. miss them a lot

colcha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V

sloys75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 SPORTSWAGON
Hi there guys,

i bought a VF SPORTSWAGON where iv got two issues one is when i take off from lets say a set of lights i get like a clunk noise from the rear where holden have changed the tailshaft but the problem is still there its been looked at like 5 times and the other issue is you can hear the petrol splashing inside the fuel tank from inside the car. I was wondering has anyone eles had the same problem its driving me mad

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
I've noticed my screen and instrument cluster dims when the auto sidelights come on (eg when going through a tunnel).

Is this normal? Not sure why it's not set to the same brightness.

I thought it might be the setting but I cannot adjust the screen etc up when the lights are on

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
It's explained in the owners manual, dash lights dim when headlights are activated.
You can adjust the brightness of the dash lights independently to screen as well under configuration menu -> display -> brightness

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
Oops! RTFM eh ;)

Cheers PIR4TE, will play when I get back in the car.

I'm normally pretty good at reading the manual, but I find the VF manual a little hard to follow sometimes.

vkcala

Reaction score
Members Ride
searching for vk
Hi there guys,

i bought a VF SPORTSWAGON where iv got two issues one is when i take off from lets say a set of lights i get like a clunk noise from the rear where holden have changed the tailshaft but the problem is still there its been looked at like 5 times and the other issue is you can hear the petrol splashing inside the fuel tank from inside the car. I was wondering has anyone eles had the same problem its driving me mad

I heard the petrol thing in the beginning as well. haven't heard it for a while now

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Mylink is QNX based which 70% of auto audio systems are based. It is the same OS as the latest Blackberry phones use as QNX is owned by RIM (Blackberry) Note QNX is an android and originally was unix based. It has been around for over 20 years and and is a very mature product used in many medical installations, ATM, factory and production systems. I notice from these forums that the latest updates to the Mylink have finally been patched to accommodate the limitations of the IOS so users of iPhones and iPad now have full functionality which usersof Blackberry, windows and most andriod based phones have had since June last year.