Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Bluetooth seems to have stopped working. The icon in the myLink menu has turned grey and cannot be accessed.

kevmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi I have a VF Calais V and the air con stays on even though the air con switch is off.
Any thoughts as to what could be wrong?

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
While I realise that this is a VF thread, my Mar 13 VE MY12.5 SV6 manual has had the wet carpet problem. Had it fixed under warranty at start of week.

I know my car has the thicker VF windscreen. Maybe it also has an interior aircon component common with the VF that has caused the problem. I have not heard of the problem on VE after all.

My VF is clear at the moment, but I will keep a close watch on it.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Hi I have a VF Calais V and the air con stays on even though the air con switch is off.
Any thoughts as to what could be wrong?

Is the aircon set to windscreen defrost? It will not turn off from that setting.

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
I got this getting into the car the other day, went away when I started it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392796722.718637.jpg

Will get the dealer to check when it goes in for its 3k service.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Have you tried resetting the Mylink to defaults. I think it is located in the config tab

yool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Ute, 2013 SS Ute
I've been disappointed in the lack of engine-braking in the 6.0l SS. Thought it must have been a function of the engine package. A few days ago I fitted "J-Pipes" and can really hear the engine. It seems like there is a one or two second delay between throttling off and the start of engine braking. The local "go-to" speed shop say this is caused by the lack of throttle response......... sounds fishy to me.
A question for you guys..... is this normal? When I let off on the throttle, the revs seem to stay the same for a long time, then the car starts to engine brake. If I push the clutch, the revs die back to idle quickly......
On a side note, I've ditched the pipes...... they came off a VE Clubsport, and were 150mm too short for the ute. And were noisier inside the car than outside. Have my eye on the W310 package, seems a new dealer might soon be available in Adelaide......

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Two things - Deceleration Fuel Cut Off, and ignition retard - affect that as well as the burble noise and the flames and the fuel economy and the smooth ride and drivetrain longevity.
You can definitely get your car to react much quicker using either HPT or EFIlive.
Mine's an auto and I have the response shortened etc for Sports Mode, Normal adjusted so it holds gear and rides out the generated torque, doesn't retard (always below 0°), early fuel cutoff hence no burble.
Sports mode however is for farts and flames (over fuelling).
[video=youtube_share;VE4L-cCEwCk]http://youtu.be/VE4L-cCEwCk[/video]