Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

sidaiyo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Shine
Hi guys,

First post to these forums so be gentle. :)

Great forums too by the way !

I took delivery of my VF SSV Redline about 6 weeks ago, great car, and I think they have done a beautiful job inside compared to the VE.

Anyway, from day one I've had this rattling kind of noise under acceleration, initially I thought it maybe a heat shield slightly loose or something, then a friend of mine said it might be the engine pinging as it does have that kind of sound. I took it back to the dealership and they couldn't find any error codes logged and told me it's likely a fuel issue and to use a different brand fuel for a while and see how it goes, and come back if no improvement.

Well I've tried different brand fuel (all 98 octane) and no change, in fact I think the noise has gotten worse.

I took it back to the dealership again (last week) and they said the engine definately not pinging. They are still insisting that it's a fuel issue which I find very hard to believe. This thing is making quite a noise, it's bloody annoying and very uninspiring to drive the car.

Has anyone had or currently have the same issue, and does anyone have any idea on what this noise could be / what the cause ??

Appreciate some feedback, and thanks.

Regards,
Matt

Hi, i picked up my 2015 vf redline week ago and i got the same issue under acceleration.
I took it to holden and the mechanic said this noise from exhaust and it is normal for v8 engine and i said bullshit!!
There was no noise first 3days and started to hear this rattling noise now.
It's bloody annoying!
And i went for test driving again with mechanic and also another vf redline made same noise but very intermittently.
I have no idea!!!

Shine

Landy

Reaction score
Hi, i picked up my 2015 vf redline week ago and i got the same issue under acceleration.
I took it to holden and the mechanic said this noise from exhaust and it is normal for v8 engine and i said bullshit!!
There was no noise first 3days and started to hear this rattling noise now.
It's bloody annoying!
And i went for test driving again with mechanic and also another vf redline made same noise but very intermittently.
I have no idea!!!

Shine

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vf-ssv-redline-6-0-pinging.240936

Seems a problem?

PeteJNR

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf
VF sv6 dash brightnes??

Hi I have a new sv6 ute and have noticed sometimes when I am driving home in the arvo that my dash and screen brightness is much duller then normal. I have tried to find the brightness settings but cannot find any.
Has anyone else noticed this or knows how to fix it???

cassgazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline
Probably the auto headlights switching on. Try turning it off auto, and you should get full brightness until you physically turn on your lights.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Probably the auto headlights switching on. Try turning it off auto, and you should get full brightness until you physically turn on your lights.

Have this occurring too, quite frustrating as there are DRL's so no need for the heightened sensitivity turning on the lights when moving through a shadow.
The best solution for this would be something like the VZ had which had a setting that allowed for high, medium or low sensitivity on the auto lights.

PeteJNR

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf

I tried that while I was driving and It didn't change.. should I have tried it when starting the car???

Landy

Reaction score
On my MY15 SV6, turning the auto headlights off when they come on doesn't stop the dashlights etc dimming. They still do the dimming caper off and on and off and on (early morning, late afternoon) etc even though the auto headlights themselves are turned off.

Cheers

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
On my MY15 SV6, turning the auto headlights off when they come on doesn't stop the dashlights etc dimming. They still do the dimming caper off and on and off and on (early morning, late afternoon) etc even though the auto headlights themselves are turned off.

Cheers

I noticed that this morning.
I manually turned the driving lights on during shitty weather but the interior lighting still dimmed on and off as the lighting conditions changed.

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
Just noticed on my car the the passenger seat base is loose. The brides handbag caught it and lifted the front of the seat about 6 inches. Only the cushion. Going to see local dealer tomorrow

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I have a july 2014 build ssv automatic.
recently i found
1. clicking/ticking sound when turning steering wheel at low speed, left turn is the most obvious. when car is stationery, i do a full left and right turn and the same click sound appear. The same sound applied when i move the gear to Parking.
2. even the air con is off, hot air is blowing out from the front and floor vent. Been trying multiple combinations lately. 3 ways to stop the hot air blowing out. A)tune down to 21degrees even with the air con off it does the trick !! B)turn on the recycle air, but you can feel the warm air building up in the center console. C)turn on the air conditioning in auto mode.....
3. turn on demister in the car and regardless what temperature i change it to, it is blowing out cold air all the time.
4. when i change the air to blow to floor only, or only demister, the left and right hand vent still blowing air but center console vent is close.

Anyone here used hunter holden in Ryde before, are they good? Looking to book my car in next week.

Thanks heaps

Last edited: