Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Glad I don't have a boot :spot on:

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
problem is it is shut, sensor for boot must needs adjusting or replace

My "boot lid open" alarm appeared a few times.

Dealer replaced the complete lock/sensor assembly under warranty. No more troubles since.
A known fault it appears.

(The humble pin switch on the boot lid has gone - now replaced by an expensive (?) actuator sensor assembly hidden by the sound deadening cover.)

gazpep

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline auto
Have to argee, jump starter good investment, just remember to check in every so often, to make sure it's full charged, no good if your jump starter is flat if you need it.
I have been n watching the battery voltage display on the dash while driving, and notice that it's allowed to drop to 12v before the alternator kicks into charge the battery back up. Have notice can be a slow at starting first time of the day, guess time will tell if it will be problem.

Yeah, I had a bunch of flat batteries on a recent road trip holiday through Victoria and couldn't get the car back to a dealer for 2 weeks. That little jump starter must have started the car 10 times or more and barely dropped its charge, started full with 5 lights indicated and only dropped to 4 lights by the end, every car should have one under the front seat. It saved our holiday.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Yeah, I had a bunch of flat batteries on a recent road trip holiday through Victoria and couldn't get the car back to a dealer for 2 weeks. That little jump starter must have started the car 10 times or more and barely dropped its charge, started full with 5 lights indicated and only dropped to 4 lights by the end, every car should have one under the front seat. It saved our holiday.

Can you post up a link to the jump starter that you have. I have looked at quite a few but have never been sure if they will reliably start a V8.

gazpep

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline auto
Can you post up a link to the jump starter that you have. I have looked at quite a few but have never been sure if they will reliably start a V8.

It's called an EPOWER Multi function Jump starter, it's rated at 12000mAh, My son in law bought a bunch of them from an auto store, will find out where he got them and the details. I've seen lots of others on the net rated at higher mAh but mine starts my V8 easily so I'd imagine that they all work Ok. Will let you know more once I hear back.

boneart

Reaction score
Website
www.boneart.co.nz
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Redline
We all know the Mylink and Nav can be a bit flaky at times but today was really strange.
First it dropped my phone out and told me it was not available and then a minute later in the HUD where it shows the current speed zone it was showing the speed limit on the motorway through central city Auckland as 248km/hour. It showed that speed limit for the next couple of kms then dropped back to the correct speed limit. It should have been 80 and the last time I went that way it did show the correct speed limit so thats just plain weird.
I don't think "but officer, my GPS said this was a 248km/hr zone" would have gone down too well with the local cops.

Last edited:

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
We all know they Mylink and Nav can be a bit flaky at times but today was really strange.
First it dropped my phone out and told me it was not available and then a minute later in the HUD where it shows the current speed zone it was showing the speed limit on the motorway through central city Auckland as 248km/hour. It showed that speed limit for the next couple of kms then dropped back to the correct speed limit. It should have been 80 and the last time I went that way it did show the correct speed limit so thats just plain weird.
I don't think "but officer, my GPS said this was a 248km/hr zone" would have gone down too well with the local cops.

Judging by some of the lunatic drivers we see on the NZ TV programme 'Highway Cops', there must be lots of VF drivers with faulty MyLinks doing what they think is the speed limit! :)

Melskie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 STORM 2015
:( VF SV6 STORM think i brought a lemon> 10,000 K and already has had a hole in the rear resignator, faulty wiring harness which was glued by Holden under warranty, faulty My Link THE Sat Nav drops out and constantly turns itself off and on, Air conditioning thats not cold, Loss of steering whilst driving and engine light has come on several times and had to be towed. Runs like a dirty old diesel.. Grrrr... Anyone want to buy my **** box VF STORM NOT HAPPY JAN.

Allkai

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Apologies if this has been covered already, but has anyone else had power steering failure?

The wife had this happen in our Nov '13 Redline yesterday.

Took it straight to a dealer who diagnosed "steering rack failure", and to their credit, were able to replace same day.

According to the desk guy, they've been seeing a "bad batch" recently, and replacing.

Would this not trigger a recall?

If this had happened Saturday when we drove through the hills instead of Monday, I'm sure I would have put the whole family into the Armco doing 80km/h.......

EDIT: sounds like its this:-

Taxi drivers target Holden, claiming steering fault

Last edited: