Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Has anyone experienced this issue when i floored my car and stoped a burning smell enters the cabin for like 4 seconds then goes away ?
If it's less than 5 seconds you are safe bruz...

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
So im not sure if this is an issue yet or not...but I've noticed lately i do not hear the locking mechanism working anymore for the keyless start.
Normally when id unlock the car and jump inside and press the start button id hear the noise the steering column makes a split second just before the car actually starts. When switching off the vehicle and opening the drivers door id hear the mechanism activating again.
Now for the past week i don't hear it working at all.

I dont use my car as often as i did before so could this be causing the issue being left used for long periods of time?
Also had 6 months or so ago the random pop up msg of remote not detected (even though it would start up fine) but thankfully i haven't seen that msg in a while now.

So has anyone else noticed or had this issue happen to your VF/WN?

myls362

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
So im not sure if this is an issue yet or not...but I've noticed lately i do not hear the locking mechanism working anymore for the keyless start.
Normally when id unlock the car and jump inside and press the start button id hear the noise the steering column makes a split second just before the car actually starts. When switching off the vehicle and opening the drivers door id hear the mechanism activating again.
Now for the past week i don't hear it working at all.

I dont use my car as often as i did before so could this be causing the issue being left used for long periods of time?
Also had 6 months or so ago the random pop up msg of remote not detected (even though it would start up fine) but thankfully i haven't seen that msg in a while now.

So has anyone else noticed or had this issue happen to your VF/WN?

i have had the key issue. Solution was to replace the battery in the remote. Did not quite understand your first issue.