Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF HSV DRL/Fog light wiring loom to SS wiring loom

ihavesoldout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hey Ripper - Doing same thing. Auto elec already got the DRLs running by chopping off the HSV plug and wiring in a regular VF plug to the HSV DRL so it is plug and play but now when I try the dimming module it flickers. So I will have to rip it apart and see what those extra grounds do - They must control the dim function hence chopping them off and trying to use dimming ebay module doesnt work

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Hey Ripper - Doing same thing. Auto elec already got the DRLs running by chopping off the HSV plug and wiring in a regular VF plug to the HSV DRL so it is plug and play but now when I try the dimming module it flickers. So I will have to rip it apart and see what those extra grounds do - They must control the dim function hence chopping them off and trying to use dimming eBay module doesnt work

oh are you , nice one . iv worked out everything now i believe , got an exel spreadsheet with the wires written out and what it corresponds to . theres one wire i couldn't work out , although both looms have it , its a 'White+grey " wire , i will match it up anyway .

there is a thread on here which talks about the dimming , there is a harness on eBay , iv mentioned it a few comments back . i will be purchasing that and using it to do the dimming function , but ill tackle it later on as I'm just interested in getting the bar on and having the fog+DRLs and sensors all working properly . Also a lot of other members have run into the flickering problem , in the DIY section you should have a look . some one else tried it on a few cars and got it sorted no flickers . good luck :)

good to hear some one else has it done - means theres hope lol.

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
finally got it all set and working . few mishaps when i wired them up but worked out the problems and can finally say its all set up and running 100%. iv ordered the relay kit for japan so i can do the dimming function . but for now I'm very happy that i worked it out all my self :)

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    317.6 KB · Views: 575
  • image3.PNG
    image3.PNG
    354.2 KB · Views: 499

peejay6564

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss m6
I know the threads a bit old now, but im contemplating following some of your lead and replacing the rear bar and side skirts. I traded my clubsport 340 on a new redline but still cant come to terms with the back of it looking like it sits higher than the clubby did. Was the loom for the rear plug and play or did you have to chop and change that one about as well, obviously i need to replace the tailights as well

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
finally got it all set and working . few mishaps when i wired them up but worked out the problems and can finally say its all set up and running 100%. iv ordered the relay kit for japan so i can do the dimming function . but for now I'm very happy that i worked it out all my self :)
that looks so mint well done

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
the loom on the rear just connects in , you can use your existing one it doesn't matter its the same concept .

Jodie Goodall

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SS-V Redline Ute
I just hit a roo in my 2016 SSV so going to see if panel beaters can fit a hsv bar to my ute. You'd think it was cheaper as its just black plastic trim and no chrome bits but being hsv im sure it will be $$$$$. Ill email hsv and see if i can get the harness to suit my car.will update as i go.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I am planning on doing the DRL Mod to my MY17 Commdore, just wanted to know how do the HSV DRL work with the dimming and coming on with the headlights.

Is there a module for it or is it programmed into the BCM? I have found a wrecked MY17 HSV and just wondering if i should get any parts off it?

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
I am planning on doing the DRL Mod to my MY17 Commdore, just wanted to know how do the HSV DRL work with the dimming and coming on with the headlights.

Is there a module for it or is it programmed into the BCM? I have found a wrecked MY17 HSV and just wondering if i should get any parts off it?
Believe it's all done with the bcm as I've seen footage of a VF SSV Ute made and while headlight adjustments were being made the drls are on also

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca