Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf lower grill (help)

commyowner69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6
Ive got a vf sv6 series 2 i need a new lower grill thanks to a roo im wanting to know which lower grills are compatible with my s2 2016 if it matters cheers TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231014_023324_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231014_023324_Chrome.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 86

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I know for sure that a VF one won't fit, you definitely need VF2.
Beyond that though, I become a bit unstuck ... but am maybe 75% sure that within VF2 you need SV6 or any form of SS, Calais & Evoke being a a different shape.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Only grilles from a series 2 sports model will work, nothing else (So VF2 SV6/SS)

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any available new at the moment with GM trying to find a new plastics manufactuer

One came up locally on marketplace the other week for only $200 (Brand new), kicking myself for not grabbing it as a spare

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I know for sure that a VF one won't fit,
Do you know why the lower grills aren't interchangeable from series 1 to 2? The upper grills will fit with a minor clip modification as the outer shape and dimensions are the same.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Do you know why the lower grills aren't interchangeable from series 1 to 2? The upper grills will fit with a minor clip modification as the outer shape and dimensions are the same.
This is based on what I've read 'round here, and that the shape is actually different.
The comment may have come from someone who didn't want to bodge the clips, too; so with a similar bodge as the upper clips maybe they fit?

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Series 2 is wider, if you look at images series 1 finish between the headlights where series 2 finishes under them

Nando.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv redline.
Series 2 is wider, if you look at images series 1 finish between the headlights where series 2 finishes under them
The upper grille is interchangeable but the lower one is not as they might look the same but the S 2 is a bit bigger.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Although the Series 1 bumper isn't the latest, I think it has better lines than the Series 2 and looks more like the HSV bumpers. Series 1 matches the side skirts better with more spoiler like definition on the sides too.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Ii agree, but I don't like the shape of the drl surrounds on the S1. My car is black so it's not really noticeable. Maybe it's just me . . .

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Ii agree, but I don't like the shape of the drl surrounds on the S1. My car is black so it's not really noticeable. Maybe it's just me . . .
I think the Series 1 with the black trim looks pretty nice! Series 2 with the chrome trim is probably nicer than Series 1 with chrome.
Series 1.jpg