Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF MyLink Questions

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I don't know how it's worded ... it's something like remember settings per key or remember settings per driver or something like that.
The problem Derekthetree noted in the post above this is a symptom of the same thing.

I've tried turning off the key personalisation option when I read about it here. Didn't affect the the random behaviour of the USB playback in my case.
I've learned to live with it.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Couldn't find anything in relation to customizing the key.

with the vehicle running go into the mylink settings and look for vehicle then find personalization by driver and turn it off.
that will disable the different settings applied to each key and make one set of settings global.

remote starting can still have a different setting though.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
with the vehicle running go into the mylink settings and look for ....
just don’t do it in a closed garage :p

Wish the many vehicle options were accessible in MyLink while ignition was in ACC rather than RUN. It would make it safer to play with settings in the garage rather than having to move the vehicle outside with the engine running :oops: bit brain dead to have done it that way I think o_O

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Wish the many vehicle options were accessible in MyLink while ignition was in ACC rather than RUN
oh absolutely.
especially when i forget to close bimodals and need to leave early in the morning :oops:

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Hi all just wondering what I should do about my cars mylink/maps needing an update?
My cars not due for a service till July and I’m not sure if my local dealer is going to be around then so do I book the car in now and get the mylink/maps updated of risk it for the biscuit?

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Hi all just wondering what I should do about my cars mylink/maps needing an update?
My cars not due for a service till July and I’m not sure if my local dealer is going to be around then so do I book the car in now and get the mylink/maps updated of risk it for the biscuit?
Depends on what firmware you currently have...

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I was told at the last service there is an update available but we didn’t have time lol

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Wish the many vehicle options were accessible in MyLink while ignition was in ACC rather than RUN

oh absolutely.
especially when i forget to close bimodals and need to leave early in the morning

You know you can hold the engine start button, with the key in the car, for about 8-10 seconds without putting your foot on the brake and it will give you the same access as if the car were running but the engine stays off (much like turning the key to 'on' in a traditional ignition)? Minus things like instantaneous fuel data of course. But you can certainly adjust all the settings in mylink, bimodals included.

It will stay on for about ten minutes and automatically switch off to preserve the battery.

Last edited: