Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF mylink Rear Aux Video IN - Where is It ?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
VF2 doesn't have the 3.5mm input inside the glove-box?

Kev4028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Hi Guys,
Ive been searching for an answer on this one for some time ( Even popped into Holden Dealer, who were absolutely no help, unless I wanted to buy another new car. !!! )

On the MYLINK screen fitted to the VF SSV Redline there is an option for 'rear Aux In' I have multiple video camera set up all around the vehicle and would like to use the 'Rear Aux In ' feature.

Where on earth is it located. ?? or how do I gain access to it. ??
I have the normal USB and aux in (3.5mm ) hidden in the arm rest.

Any Help much appreciated.
Dave'O

Its in the centre glovebox thisnis from my 13 vf ss ute if anyone has series 2 please check yours too its right under the usb port in the centre glovebox.

Attachments

• IMG_2498.JPG
    IMG_2498.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 749

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
VF Series 2 do NOT have the 3.5mm audio jack in the centre console or a CD player in the dash.
As far as I can tell, earlier VF's had an aux video in on the MyLink unit itself behind the dash. Again, as far as I can tell, this is not available in the series 2.

M

mwb235

5F9759B9-BE7B-43CB-A6DD-38D05F0E8188.jpeg
E7500984-9EC9-40CE-B76F-A9E5BF7696F1.jpeg
88DDBA19-6F0C-4BFC-AF88-52E21A548822.jpeg
Has anyone got the rear auxiliary audio/video RCA inputs working on their VF?

I bought a centre console out of a WN Caprice which has the inputs, hoping I could just swap it over with my existing console. But there is an extra 5 wires on the Caprice wiring (large rectangular block on floor under console). I was thinking my Calais V might have the extra 5 wires already but oh no thanks Holden, it’s never that easy is it!

I can see on my Haynes wiring diagram that these 5 wires go to “sound system” (I assume back of the headunit). So it looks like I need the Caprice wiring harness that goes between the large plug under console, to the back of headunit.

My question is, does anyone know if this part of the wiring harness is separate, or is it part of the “main body harness” or similar that does the whole dash? I’m hoping it’s not one huge harness, just a small part of it between console and radio that can be unplugged etc (if that makes sense).

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mwb235

68F1E6BA-847A-4868-8689-82FA3E205FC2.jpeg
Ok I’ve done more research. On VF/WN the dash wiring harness looks like the above (VF SV6 model shown).

So to get the rear auxiliary inputs to work, i will try to find a WN dash harness (it’s proving difficult so far). Or I will make up a short wiring harness myself. I think I just need a length of single core shielded video cable, and a length of 3-core twisted and shielded audio cable. I’m thinking if I can’t get the WN harness at a reasonable price, i’ll buy what I need from my local jaycar and make up my own.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Does Series two have the AUX inputs on the side of the head unit?

M

mwb235

F06C1584-8433-40BD-BF8B-37557D9021A1.jpeg
402F628C-EB04-408E-85E7-4564EED739FB.jpeg
I pulled my Calais V headunit out to check the rear connectors (see 1st pic). The “Connector C” found on the WN Caprice V (which has wires for the rear auxiliary RCA inputs) is not present on my Calais V. But connectors C and D look identical except one small plastic bit at bottom of plug (see 2nd pic - circled). If I can’t find a WN dash wiring harness, I’ll just use a “Connector D” off a VF dash harness and cut off the small plastic bit at bottom of plug with a stanley knife. Then I’ll splice in the six pins I need from the same VF harness (the big connector under console is the same on VF and WN) and make up my own shielded harness as I mentioned earlier. It’ll be interesting to see if it works. I can’t see why not, unless the whole RSE setup including rear screens must be fitted. I don’t particularly want the RSE/screens, just the rear RCA inputs. When I get this done I’ll post the results on this thread.

M

mwb235

0F219DC0-B04F-4BBD-8309-CB6D1D0FEE30.jpeg
47EAA760-2C38-4E63-834E-A2B8F704A1CD.jpeg
26249EDA-ECE5-4183-ABBB-DD1384141F08.jpeg
393F98A9-7C18-45F3-9185-EEE3BB8B4352.jpeg
6D35F29C-FF8D-47A3-BAD6-A55A1243C69B.jpeg

After lots of stuffing around I got the rear aux inputs working on my 2014 VF Calais V. I managed to get hold of a WN Caprice console (with wiring harness) and the two other plugs I needed cut off a VF dash harness. With the WN harness I had the wiring I needed up to under the console. I then made up my own short harness between the junction under console to the one additional plug behind radio, using pins from the cut off plugs and shielded wire from my local jaycar.

I mounted the three rca input block for the rear aux inside the centre console, as I have used the space at back of console to fit switches for the heated rear seats I’ve fitted (I’m still working on wiring up the switches, which are from a U.S.-model Pontiac GTO / VE equivalent which have switches for the front heated seats in the front of console). I also fitted a third “footwell lamp” (same unit as the front two) at back of console facing downwards slightly for the rear footwells.

While I was at it I’ve fitted an ice-blue LED “ambient” lamp to the inside of centre console (same one that goes under the HVAC controls), both rear door interior handles, and a set of red VP/VR/VS safety door lamps in all four door trims as I like them. Old school festoon globes for the time being until I order some red LED ones!

My pics aren’t all that clear but it’s difficult to get good ones a night!

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Some great mods you've done there mate. Wish I could be that good at cutting into plastic