Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Trying a new mechanic to get the VF serviced today ... trusted mechanic (who's been looking after the Volvo as well as the VS and then the VF) has cut back opening hours to Mon-Thu and isn't doing run-of-the-mill stuff that any mechanic can do any more.

Fingers very crossed!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Trying a new mechanic to get the VF serviced today ... trusted mechanic (who's been looking after the Volvo as well as the VS and then the VF) has cut back opening hours to Mon-Thu and isn't doing run-of-the-mill stuff that any mechanic can do any more.

Fingers very crossed!
I know your feeling. 2 out of 3 times I tried new places in the last couple of years they screwed up in various ways which accelerated the demise of my beloved beast for various reasons. So since then I have done everything myself and strangely enough the VF is running sweet as a double dose of Stevia. Good luck!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know your feeling. 2 out of 3 times I tried new places in the last couple of years they screwed up in various ways which accelerated the demise of my beloved beast for various reasons. So since then I have done everything myself and strangely enough the VF is running sweet as a double dose of Stevia. Good luck!
No filth apparent on “titanium” alcantara, so that’s a plus from the get-go. :)

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director

Fingers very crossed!
Would be looking for a new mechanic next year here in Sydney when the VF is out of warranty. Look forward to hear your feedback.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Would be looking for a new mechanic next year here in Sydney when the VF is out of warranty. Look forward to hear your feedback.
Would Gladesville work?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Definitely!!! :D
Well I liked the guy!

And I didn’t just choose a random place, I knew Mighty Car Mods‘ shed is somewhere nearby so I asked Marty for a recommendation … Sam at EK Automotive was the response, and Sam seems like a good bloke. 9809 3013. Unit 1C, 28 Buffalo Rd.
:)

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Well I liked the guy!

And I didn’t just choose a random place, I knew Mighty Car Mods‘ shed is somewhere nearby so I asked Marty for a recommendation … Sam at EK Automotive was the response, and Sam seems like a good bloke. 9809 3013. Unit 1C, 28 Buffalo Rd.
:)
So did you actually use him?

Dean643

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
hi all
picked up my (used) vf last week and have had an issue with the auto park assist, finds the park i then select reverse and then it come up saying its been disabled by steering.
had a mechanic plug in his san tool yesterday and have discovered that the auto assist has been disabled in the computer... any know how on getting it reenabled (not that i need it but its a feature on the car that not working)

Cheers:beer chug:
Did you get to the bottom of it?