Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
FYI..... Another recall issued today for basically all 2013 and 2014 built VF's due to an issue with the Electric power steering system.

Everyone will start receiving letters in the mail over the next couple of weeks. It's due to a fault in the EPS electrical connection that can cause the power steering assistance to cut out and you lose power steering whilst driving. It's not a safety related recall so won't be publicised in the media....

The fix is to inject 5 to 10ml's of an electrical conductor into the harness for the EPS.
Yep and it takes them 1 hour to put the dielectric stuff on .

VE_S1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1

Saw This Listing for A Walkinshaw Enhanced 507kw HSV Gen-F GTS in NZ

Custom Matte Orange Paint ...

370817270.jpg

Click Here for Details

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Today I was going up a nice twisty rd, I thought I'd flip it into sport mode I was giving it some stick all off a sudden 'performance mode activated' on the dash, it held revs higher for longer and when breaking it held high gears longer?
I've put it in sport mode before with this never happening?

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Once I got away from the twisty's I put back into 'drive' but I felt like the ltr per 100 where still high? May have just been in my head!
It sorter freaked me out

</3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline ute
Today I was going up a nice twisty rd, I thought I'd flip it into sport mode I was giving it some stick all off a sudden 'performance mode activated' on the dash, it held revs higher for longer and when breaking it held high gears longer?
I've put it in sport mode before with this never happening?

Yeah I've had it once on my auto redline ute but it went back to normal after the corner, and dropped back down to below 10L/100km when in normal mode further down the road

whitey5759

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Yeah it comes on in sports mode if you do a few full/close to full throttle bursts (its like sports+ but you engage by throttle behavior). From what I remember it does as you said: makes the trans hold gears longer and auto change down into lower gear keeping up high revs when you jump off the gas to come into a corner.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Seen 2 lime green Vfs in holden plant fri night, might be a new colour coming