Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I drive one every day, that's what it was built for.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Question to the people who have bought an VFII SS/SSV/SSV Redline - are you driving these quite regularly (every day drive) or just parking them up at home as your weekend ride?
Only reason I ask is I hardly see any on the roads. I'm in Perth and regularly commute back to Sydney and in both cities spotting a VFII is like playing "Wheres Wally"...

There are two people at work that have VFII. One an SSVR, the other a V8 Calais. Both here every day.

We also have VE I SSV, my VE II SSV Z and a VF I SS in the car park, along with a daily driven XJS Jag plus other random appliances.

LordViykor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline - Spitfire Green
Question to the people who have bought an VFII SS/SSV/SSV Redline - are you driving these quite regularly (every day drive) or just parking them up at home as your weekend ride?

I drive mine most days, also use a work vehicle at times so the SSV will sit for around 5 days. Then there's the Harley and the missus MX5. So the SSV is slowly getting k's up on it. Doesn't help when work is only 5 minutes away by car.

SausageFest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSR
Only reason I ask is I hardly see any on the roads. I'm in Perth and regularly commute back to Sydney and in both cities spotting a VFII is like playing "Wheres Wally"...

I’ve put about 7k km on her in the last 15 months.

I drive it as often as I can, I just don’t need to drive daily. Mostly on the weekends or Wednesday nights at WSID.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
There are at least 3, including mine at the carpark in North Sydney I go to each day for work. There is also two Clubsports and occasionally a GTS parked in there too amongst all the BMW's and Mercs ;)

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
I know this has probably been asked & answered hundred of times before but....
For the electric handbrake can you activate/deactivate it without having to start the engine up?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I know this has probably been asked & answered hundred of times before but....
For the electric handbrake can you activate/deactivate it without having to start the engine up?
Turn the ignition on(don't put your foot on the brake).

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turn the ignition on(don't put your foot on the brake).
I did try that the other day but the handbrake would still not release unless i was suppose to hold the start/stop button down for longer without my foot on the brake or is that Accessories mode im thinking of??

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I did try that the other day but the handbrake would still not release unless i was suppose to hold the start/stop button down for longer without my foot on the brake or is that Accessories mode im thinking of??

Yeah, hold the button down longer.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, hold the button down longer.
Ahh righty ok thank you.
Yeah that i did not try at the time and remember it later on during the night LOL.
Will give it ago next time im in the car. Thanks.